CoinPeople.com

Those of you that hoard something...

Sir Sisu

Many of you know know that I received a bunch of coins from my great-uncle a few years ago. In addition to loads of world coins there were a few rolls of silver halves (Walking Libs and Kennedy's -no Franklins :ninja: ), silver Washers, and silver Roosies, there were these in a bag also. There are a lot of repeat dates and such so putting them in 2x2s seems unneccessary. How do you store/organize your hoards?

silver.JPG

Wow that's a lot of silver. For hoards like that a box would be fine. Of course you run the risk of possible dings. Tubes are another good idea and are relatively cheap around here. Nice collection though!

I'm curious as to what that large coin is in the top right hand corner of the picture. I've seen it before but cannot figure out what it is (Krause is in the car and it's cold out).

I'm curious as to what that large coin is in the top right hand corner of the picture. I've seen it before but cannot figure out what it is (Krause is in the car and it's cold out).

/quote]

Venesuela, mine looks like a smaller denomination....

ven.jpg

ven2.jpg

That's a 2 (unit). The one in the upper right of Sisu's is a 5, with the other two being 2's.

(I think it's called the bolivar, don't remember, so I'll refer to it as "unit")

Precisely two capsules in there; the other pieces just hang around raw. :ninja: That bimetallic piece is a Czech 50 Kc coin dated 1993. The other side has a nice city view, along with the inscription Praga Mater Urbium (Prague, Mother of the Cities). The "problem" is, most of the coins in that box are in a less than appealing condition. (Of course the nicer pieces are in my collection ...) Drop me a note if you are interested nevertheless.

Christian

Burks,

That coin on the upper right is Venezuelan Bolivar, it has the exact same metal content as 2 US silver half dollars (25g .900 fine) but is less that a US silver dollar (still close in size). I had a post in the mailman thread I think on one I got at a show a couple months ago.

As for hoards, I keep my 90% silver in tubes until there's enough for a roll, then it goes into a paper roll in the safe deposit box. Copper pennies go into the "coin pitcher" with all the base metal foreign coins until there is enough for a roll (or when I get around to fishing them out) then they go in a paper roll and into a canvas mint bag. Base metal foreign coins go into the pitcher. Foreign silver goes into a little wooden box on my desk.

Archived