CoinPeople.com

How does your significant other deal with your hobby?

Scottishmoney

So true, You paid what? For that? When? Where? Why?

I wonder if a cure will ever be found...

I have that experience to come soon. Ughhhhhhh !!!!!

At least coins don't cause cholestoral or heart attacks or diabetes or any other health problems.  Except mad wife syndrome.

Ha! have you never heard of coin collector's mange? The symptoms are bald patches on the scalp, caused by the spouse attempting to snatch the poor collector baldheaded for buying the umpteenth coin that looks exactly like the hundreds he already has. Wives sometimes never come to terms with the idea of date set collecting. ahaha ;-)

Ha!  have you never heard of coin collector's mange?  The symptoms are bald patches on the scalp, caused by the spouse attempting to snatch the poor collector baldheaded for buying the umpteenth coin that looks exactly like the hundreds he already has.  Wives sometimes never come to terms with the idea of date set collecting.  ahaha ;-)

There is an easy cure for this dilemma. Just remind the wife, that while each of these coins appear the same (other than the date), each one of them diamonds in that tennis bracelet look the same, too. As a matter of fact, them diamonds look just like the ones in the floating pendant necklace, too. And those stud earrings. And those 3 dinner rings. Ahhh, so she is working on a type set, too. :ninja:;)

There is an easy cure for this dilemma.  Just remind the wife, that while each of these coins appear the same (other than the date), each one of them diamonds in that tennis bracelet look the same, too.  As a matter of fact, them diamonds look just like the ones in the floating pendant necklace, too.  And those stud earrings.  And those 3 dinner rings.  Ahhh, so she is working on a type set, too.  ;)  ;)

:ninja:

The kind that don't collect coins. :cry:

Of course... you wouldn't want your partner to collect coins, or else there will be a big mess when you divorce...

A: "HEY THAT'S PART OF YOUR COLLECTION RIGHT?!?!?! ;) "

B: "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! ;) "

A: "It's worth a lot right? :ninja: "

B: " :D "

A: "How much is it worth? I want half of it :D "

B: "But but but... you can't split my type set collection into half!!! :lol: "

Etc. I wouldn't want to imagine if I had to split my collection into half. Here you go... all the coins split into half... ;)

The kind that don't collect coins. :ninja:

Seems that way. I get yelled at every time a package comes in. She doesn't see the point in "spending money on money". But hey, I didn't expect her to understand.

A nice bunch of flowers every week keeps her happy though ;)

If I drop off of the forum permanently because I purchased a coin and my wife found out and I was relieved of life, please know I am with CP in spirit.

Just today I got questioned, no rather interrogated about something she thought I was buying. I didn't buy it. How do I say this? I rarely drink, I don't smoke, I don't go out to bars with the guys, I don't go to TaTa bars, all I do is coins.

Coins are my harmless addiction.

Just today I got questioned, no rather interrogated about something she thought I was buying.  I didn't buy it.  How do I say this?  I rarely drink, I don't smoke, I don't go out to bars with the guys, I don't go to TaTa bars, all I do is coins. 

That's my comeback for her nagging about my cars and coins hobby. I don't drink or anything, not even once in a blue moon. Still doesn't work though :ninja:

My Girlfriend (you may know her as SugarCheryl) is a begining collector. She cought the bug when the state quarters started. She has continued on to collect the newer nickels also and as every collector she has picked up a few other coins along the way.

I dont think she minds my collecting as long as it is within budget.... and she gets an equal amount of "sparklies" :ninja:

-Bobby

Basically, I buy what I want to and she doesn't question or really care. She knows I am basically a tightwad and I don't spend over my head (well, not very often anyway. :ninja: )

Basically, I buy what I want to and she doesn't question or really care. She knows I am basically a tightwad and I don't spend over my head (well, not very often anyway. :ninja: )

That is pretty much my situation, too. As long as she has her internet connection to play, she is content. (her addictions to her online games are questionably worse than my addictions to coins). But as long as the bills get paid, she doesn't care what I spend. Any time I want to buy one of the $50+ coins (very seldom, but it does happen), I always run it by her, first. She has yet to deny me, so I guess it's all good.

Archived