What did the mailman bring today?

bobbycoin

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry deadpoint, that just show my horrific photo skill, the coin is actually from 1912! I've actually recently been getting into foreign gold, mainly since I've been reading this book called "When Money Dies" which is about the hyperinflation in Germany after WWI, so it's interesting to see how the gold standard was constructed before this period. I am just starting and doing more of a type set, but these coins are just rediculously cheap! This one cost 106 euros, which is just about melt!

brought me return to sender...mailed an 1879-O morgan to Florida and it got returned because of scotch tape on stamps...stupid Canada Post...

That's one of the oldest rules in the book - postage stamps cannot be covered by anything.

Tape on top of stamps prevents the stamps from being cancelled and thus the possibility of re-use, hence the rule.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my 2011 US Mint Proof set in the mail this morning. It is absolutely beautiful. I especially like the National Park Quarters. Great designs that translate very nicely to coin format.

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice, I really like the Gibraltar coin with the castle on it.

Here's my new pickup from a couple days ago, the new $20 face value RCM silver coin. It's pretty nice, the RCM products I actually buy never disappoint!

2011%20$20%20x3.jpg

2011%20$20%20rev.jpg

2011%20$20%20obv.jpg

Recieved a 5lb grab bag of world coins today

already started sorting by continent was pleased with some find already

2 1871 Prince Edward Island Tokens 1 cent

1908 2 Francs France

1964 50 Schilling Austria - Innsbruck Winter Games

1903 3 kopeks Czarist Russia

the rest will take a while since its more sorting by country and recording

• 3 weeks later...

Kornholio, are those the ones the mint was selling for face value? I got an e-mail on them, but forgot about them until they were gone! I usually buy my annual train coin from the Canadian mint. But, I did go to the post office today and picked up this package! It's been a while since I've gotten a new coin, but this is the first of 2 larger purchases that are coming (thank you tax refund! LOL):

990560.jpg

Kornholio, are those the ones the mint was selling for face value? I got an e-mail on them, but forgot about them until they were gone! I usually buy my annual train coin from the Canadian mint. But, I did go to the post office today and picked up this package! It's been a while since I've gotten a new coin, but this is the first of 2 larger purchases that are coming (thank you tax refund! LOL):

Yep those are the ones. They sold out so fast, I'm glad I was able to get a few family members and friends to order some for me as well :)

Very nice dollar there though!