CoinPeople.com

In The Past, What coin You sold, You Reget?

2coins

In my past, Most of my major blunders have been becouse of a woman in the picture, I had these great coins and sold them to make my woman at the time happy, Seems most dont like us collectors, they want the $$$$$$, well know more, I have a good woman now who doesnt mind a bit!!

Here are the ones I most regret sellin!

1) 1955 Lincoln double die ex-fine

2) 1836 reeded edge Bust Half Ex-fine, only 1,200.00 made!

3) 1877 Indian double die!!!!!!!!!!fine.

4) 1821 Ex-fine Large cent

5) 1797 Half cent Fine

6) 1909 s VDB lincoln Ex-fine! :ninja:;)

I regret all the coins I had to sell for a certain legal situation I was in. Some of them I have replaced and others will be replaced over time. Some, though, like my PCGS65 Texas Commem and a few other similar priced coins, I probably won't ever replace.

10 - 1999 Silver Proof sets - I sold on eBay for $100.00 each in 2000 ;)

:ninja: I had a few like that back in the early days fo the State Quarter program. I felt the risk wasn't worth holding them. ;) I don't regret them all that much though because I got my profit out of them and bought other stuff with the proceeds.

Most of the ones I sold I'm O.K. with but a few do stand out.

Heraclius hexagram. It was nice for the type and it's historic in being the beginning of that denomination.

Julius Caesar portrait denarius. Bought it at auction for $1700, but I see that three years later these are now going for over $3000. :ninja: Some Roman stuff has really moved up ths year, or else the dollar is really weak.

That's all I can really think of having seller's remorse over. I did also sell an Owl at some point but I will get a nicer one someday.

I could fill up a page listing all the common date slabbed double eagles I bought in 1999 and 2000 for under $400 that I sold on eBay for between $550 and $600! To this day I get queasy looking at my records at Heritage and all the crazy prices I was paying for common date Saints in MS-63! At least I kept a few! :ninja:

Never sold a coin I regret (never sold any at all). But there are some that I was dumb for letting get away. A couple 1909-S V.D.B.'s, '99 proof sets, and a Carson City Morgan for $50.

I can tell you my Grandpa wishes he never sold all those silver dollars back when silver was extremely high. Live n' learn!

600 lei UNC note issued by Romanians in WWII for occupied Transdniestra. Catalog price 750$, market price here 60,000,000 lei (over 2100$). Swapped for some postal cards in value of 10$ several years ago. That's because in the communist period before 1989 the real value of these notes (a prove on anti soviet war) wasn't listed. As a paranthese, before 1989 in romanian numismatic or philatelic literature the items with bust of the King Michael wasn't listed (Av. of coins, stamps, etc) because he was (and still is) alive. Even HM's participation at the 23 August 1944 act of Armistice with the Allies wasn't recognized in communist historiography.

Only one:

Akragas didrachm, one grade better than this, same type, cost me less than half and sold in need for less than half of that.

http://www.coinarchives.com/a/lotviewer.ph...ucID=11&Lot=119

I sold my Old Spanish Trail half. I had just had it slabbed at "Cleaned" net AU58 and it was a nice coin. I bought it when I lived near Panama City, FLorida, and I sold it in Edmond, OK to pay for a trip (which was awesome BTW)

The reason I liked the OST was the Longhorn :-)

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,

Capt-AWACS, I'm from Texas, what country are you from

Archived