CoinPeople.com

Is this the best Coin Forum?

idunk

of course this is the best we got a broad interest and most of us are nice most of the time And the fact we got areas for just fun debate and gettinng to know each other is wonderful . . . . Most forums are all business and no play and some have play areas that are so Bias and Well Rude unlike here We play well with others and now I'll pay the mic to Nepolian and wander back to the asylum. . .

It not the best one for British coins.

For US coins though i'd be tempted to say yes, the reason is having been on many other forums over the years this must be the first one where you can have a discussion about "bullion" etc. and it stays civil.

If you did that on some other forums disagreements would turn into personal insults which would then turn into a flame war. This forum has always been somewhat of an exception in that respect, and therefore gets a worthy note in my book as far as numismatic discussions go.

it's the best for sharing information with people about coins. if you're lookingn for reference book information you may or may not find it here.

it's like it says on the banner: "Come for the coins, stay for the people."

I use this forum and the NGC forum (boards.collector-society.com). They both strike me as having folks that are interested collectors, willing to help each other out. The NGC board seems to have more depth in US coins, whereas this one seems to have a bit more international flavor. Both are very much enjoyable though, without the personal fights that seem to prevail on some other forums I've seen.

And since no one else said it, Welcome to the boards idunk! :ninja:

Guest Stujoe

I think everyone else has pretty much covered my thoughts. Each forum has its own flavor and there are a number of good ones out there.

I think some of the highlights of this one are, civility and respect among users, an exteme willingness to help, a focus on coins as a hobby, a bunch of features that are beyond just forums: the PCIs, News, the Mint, coin museums, articles, etc and the willingness to let users do their own thing such as the with the Specialized forums.

Rarely will a question here go unanswered and its never for a lack of caring. There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here and, while I am not one of them, I am pretty good with a search engine. ;)

And, finally, we have the Retro CoinPeople skin/style/interface which is the best forum interface ever design in the history of mankind. :ninja:

Do any of you have an opinion if this coin forum is the best or one of the best on the internet for U.S. coinage?   Any other good ones you care to share?  Maybe it's not fair to ask that!?

Yes this is the very best of numismatic forums and for US coinage. Yes, Check out Numislink here for other numismatic websites. Yes, it is fair to ask any and all questions here that pertain to numismatics and practically anything else for that matter. We are the absolute most friendliest numismatist forum around. Thank You ;) BTW, Welcome to the Coinpeople aka our family :ninja:

As others have stated this is the best all purpose US coin forum going. PCGS has a nice coin board there, but they talk at a higher level (ie: expensive coins) and sometimes they get very arguementative.

This is the Ford F150 of coin boards, solid, dependable and reliable.

I like this forum a lot but also find freedoms on CoinCommunity.com that is not offered anywhere else. Both forums are user friendly and a great bunch of collectors in both places. Some of you are members of both forums just as I am. I would suggest you all check out this 6 month old group and see the vastly growing number of posts and members in those short 6 months. Give it a try! :ninja: Now don't get me wrong as I am here to stay as well but need a little variety in my life as well!

I like this forum a lot but also find freedoms on CoinCommunity.com that is not offered anywhere else. Both forums are user friendly and a great bunch of collectors in both places. Some of you are members of both forums just as I am. I would suggest you all check out this 6 month old group and see the vastly growing number of posts and members in those short 6 months. Give it a try! :ninja: Now don't get me wrong as I am here to stay as well but need a little variety in my life as well!

I only post on these two forums and agree there are a lot of knowledgeble

people on both

I read but do not post on german and a flemish forum because they have a very extensive knowledge base on (horror of horrors) coincleaning methods and I like to read those allthough I do not allways agree on the methods used

Archived