CoinPeople.com

false Avesta 5 kopek

sigistenz

Hi, look at this one. They never come that nice and I was pretty close to bid on this fake, as it is rather close to the real design.

But then I refrained in order to not encourage forgers and trafickers. It went at some EURO 15.

It looks like mass production and one may be sure to encounter many more of them in the time to come. :ninja: Sigi

fake5kop1787emavesta.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hi, look at this one. They never come that nice and I was pretty close to bid on this fake, as it is rather close to the real design.

But then I refrained in order to not encourage forgers and trafickers. It went at some EURO 15.

It looks like mass production and one may be sure to encounter many more of them in the time to come. ;) Sigi

Thanks for this one, Sigi! ;)

It's amazing how "genuine" the surfaces look, though! And the forgers were even careful enough to misspell "КОПѢЕКЪ" (with a "Ь" instead of a "Ъ" at the end ... not typical for the usual Chinese forgeries). :ninja:

I saw this artifact on ebay since it was listed and was waiting if someone will post it over here.

Well, looks like massive production of these is established somewhere.

Very dangerous artifact :ninja:

It looks like mass production and one may be sure to encounter many more of them in the time to come. :ninja: Sigi

fake5kop1787emavesta.jpg

Hi Sigi. Good job ferreting this one out. It looks so nice - too nice. I might buy one for the "right" price just to have a sample.

Marvin

Don't forget to pee on it every morning! ;)

:ninja:

À ýòî ñòîèò 50 äîëëàðîâ. Îò÷åêàíåíà íà ñòàðîé ìîíåòå. == And it costs $ 50. Stamped on the old coin.

1787_12.jpg

I am sorry but I don't understand. What do you want to say? :ninja: Thank you, Sigi

I am sorry but I don't understand. What do you want to say? :ninja: Thank you, Sigi

Sigi, he said that this one (pictured) costs fifty backs and struck on old (?) piece ;)

Struck on the old coin means that it is a fake, and in my opinion $50 fr a fake is a bit too expensive - but that's just me.

Thank you both, Valentin and Alex. I also think that $50 would be too much, it would only lead to more and more fake production. Sigi :ninja:

fake5kop1787emavesta.jpg

Sigi, it would be nice if you told how you determined it is a fake (of a fake). I never saw a real one. It would be nice if you can post a picture of a real one and make a comparison.

Sigi, it would be nice if you told how you determined it is a fake (of a fake). I never saw a real one. It would be nice if you can post a picture of a real one and make a comparison.

Gorny 183 lot 7316 - just short comparasion identifies immediate difference :ninja:

Kopeikin, maybe you don't have the auction catalog mentioned by one-kuna. It is no longer on internet either. Generally speaking: The original Swedish imitations of the then current EM 5 kopek coins differed from the original by the design of the crowns, by the style of the cyphers, by the eagle design, by the misspelled "five kopeks" on the scroll, and so on, and so on. There were different dates and there were variants. All the features of the Swedish forgery have been imitated on the ebay coin. The design is pretty close to the true Swedish imitation. BUT the ebay coin is way too nice to be true. Not to speak of the luster (never seen on an Avesta 5 kopek) - the technique of the time just did not allow a coin this perfect. The Avesta coins were even more crude than the true EM 5 kopeks.

I don't own an Avesta 5 kopek and don't want to steal a picture. They can be found in any Russian catalog (Michailovich/=Diakov, Brekke, Uzdenikov, Bitkin).

Sigi

Kopeikin, maybe you don't have the auction catalog mentioned by one-kuna. It is no longer on internet either. Generally speaking: The original Swedish imitations of the then current EM 5 kopek coins differed from the original by the design of the crowns, by the style of the cyphers, by the eagle design, by the misspelled "five kopeks" on the scroll, and so on, and so on. There were different dates and there were variants. All the features of the Swedish forgery have been imitated on the ebay coin. The design is pretty close to the true Swedish imitation. BUT the ebay coin is way too nice to be true. Not to speak of the luster (never seen on an Avesta 5 kopek) - the technique of the time just did not allow a coin this perfect. The Avesta coins were even more crude than the true EM 5 kopeks.

I don't own an Avesta 5 kopek and don't want to steal a picture. They can be found in any Russian catalog (Michailovich/=Diakov, Brekke, Uzdenikov, Bitkin).

Sigi

Many pictures here:

http://m-dv.ru/catalog/id,3231/all-prohod.html

:ninja:

Kopeikin, maybe you don't have the auction catalog mentioned by one-kuna.

Sigi

I believe, in one of past post I promissed to send this catalog to the start-topic for an interesting question,

which I did,

was that you kopeikin ?? :ninja:

I believe, in one of past post I promissed to send this catalog to the start-topic for an interesting question,

which I did,

was that you kopeikin ?? :ninja:

yes. I have G&M catalog 183 and lot 7316 is the Avesta 5k 1787.Thanks

Archived