CoinPeople.com

Dansco album max coin value

Fropa

The other 2 Dansco threads got me thinking but I didn't want to sidetrack either of them with this question. I have Dansco albums for all current issues, Eagle/Indian cents, Liberty and Buffalo nickels, and Mercury dimes. With the fact that the albums can tone coins and you have to force some coins into the holes, what is your cut-off in value or grade that you will not put the coin into the album? I bought an Intercept Shield album for my uncirculated Lincoln set and the Danscos are for circulated coins. I've started looking at finishing some sets and the coins can start getting expensive even in low grades, which is what got me thinking about this.

Guest Stujoe
Most everything I have in the albums is $100 or lower.  The exception will be a few from the Type set album.  I have all grades in mine from VG to UNC, depending on the coin.

I think that is a reasonable value. Although I would depend it a lot upon the grade of the coin too. There is much less risk in storage method, handling, etc with a lower grade circ coin (G, VG, F, etc) coin than say with a high grade MS or especially Proof coin.

It really depends. I have a whole set of BU Roosies, including clad and silver proofs all in a Dansco album (though those are the highest grades, they are not all that valuable). I have my entire Peace dollar set in a Whitman folder, and even though they are only VF, the 1921 1928 and 1934-S are pretty valuable (the 21 and 34-S are pushing $100 and the 28 is probably in the $300 neighborhood. My Morgans are mostly AU/BU in a Dansco alubum, and I have a couple CC issues cracked from GSA holders that are housed in that album. So I would say that from a value standpoint I go up to about $300, but from a condition standpoint, in can go all the way up to gem proofs.

Most everything I have in the albums is $100 or lower.  The exception will be a few from the Type set album.  I have all grades in mine from VG to UNC, depending on the coin.

I agree with bunny as I am doing a type set in Fine to XF with an AU mixed in. Although I can't bring myself to crackout any of my Carson City dollars and put them in an album.

Archived