CoinPeople.com

How much ching did you bring?

Tiffibunny

What is the highest you have ever paid for one single coin? (Pics are welcome).

My highest coin came with a $470 pricetag, and it's not even going to be mine. It's a GIFT!!!

900262.jpg

I think my 2nd highest is around $140.

Doesn't matter if it cost $.05 or $5,000. I'm just curious to see what people's limits are. Mine used to be $100 dollars and that didn't happen very often. In reality it was the $20-$30 range. Now I've broken all my limits more than once.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Holey moley" Tiff, I am cheap cheap cheap. Most I have paid is about 5.00. Would have been 33.00 but the deal fell through because of "postal problems". How can I find a spot on your gift list, maybe we are related way, way back. You know ancestors from perhaps cave days or........ Never mind. :ninja:;)

Well i don't usually list prices i've paid for things but since you specifically asked, then the most i've ever paid out would be $1800. (Which for me is a heck of alot, usually i try and stay well below the $1000 mark).

Oh and Tiff... nice coin! :ninja:

I am way over that too... ;) My top three would be Russian coins, *cough*

All of them are way over 400USD mark :ninja: I have to sell them one day when I get too broke.

1834 proof-like commemorative silver coin,

1978 olympics platinum proof coin + official box & paper

1991 palladium proof coin... + box & paper

Well... *cough* you can probably imagine how pricy they are ;)

I am way over that too... ;) My top three would be Russian coins, *cough*

All of them are way over 400USD mark :ninja: I have to sell them one day when I get too broke.

1834 proof-like commemorative silver coin,

1978 olympics platinum proof coin + official box & paper

1991 palladium proof coin... + box & paper

Well... *cough* you can probably imagine how pricy they are ;)

Platinum and Palladium, oh yeah i can imagine. :lol:

At nearly $900 per ounce for Pt alone.

Against face value for a currency coin....as you guys call raw I paid 91,200 X face value....ouch.... ;) .

I don't really think too hard...if I see a coin I want and the funds are there I will go for it.

I do bear in mind resale with the bigger boys....my wife trusts me.

I've just pursuaded my mother to add $2000 of gold to her assets rather than plonk it in some bank paying 3%.

She thinks she's getting Krugs or sov's :ninja: I wonder how she will react to a nice James 1 Unite. ;)

Gold is an exceeding violiate "investment" material. It is a fact whether you want to deny it or not, that war and stablity that solely have to do a lot with the pricing of gold. And it is up to you to interpret if the war in Iraq is to end any sooner or later. But honestly, in my humble opinion, assuming that the war wouldn't last much longer, now is one of the difficult time to buy gold and stock it up.

If you like, you can check this useful homepage, http://www.kitco.com and check under "charts & datas" and check all the historical chart. Of course, the pricing of gold is just a short 40 year history, but it has enough data to tell you how it is like.

My most expensive coin is this:

899577.jpg

It cost allmost $200.

It's not cleaned, rather it has nearly prooflike surfaces which aren't visible in the poor scan ;)

The situation is about to change a bit, i am buying a nice example of a Rouble 1899** right now :ninja:

My highest were:

Mercury Dime 1945P Full Band MS64 PCGS $2500.

Mercury Dime 1916D XF-40 PCGS $2450.

American Silver Eagle 1995W PR69DCAM PCGS $2550.

So I guess my limit is around $2500.00

Sorry no pics but their in the safe deposit box right now. :ninja:

If memory serves, I think it was about $450 for a US $20 Saint.

My self-imposed "limit" is $500 ... but that's gonna change if I can find a NIIIIIICE Gothic Crown :ninja: I believe the vast majority of my stuff falls into the "less than $50" category.

Not cash, but a trade. A '72 Dodge Charger, tricked to the max, for a PCGS MS60FB '16d Merc. The car has since been totaled, and the Merc. has appreciated $2700.

What is the highest you have ever paid for one single coin?  (Pics are welcome).

My highest coin came with a $470 pricetag, and it's not even going to be mine.  It's a GIFT!!! 

900262.jpg

I think my 2nd highest is around $140.

Doesn't matter if it cost $.05 or $5,000.  I'm just curious to see what people's limits are.  Mine used to be $100 dollars and that didn't happen very often.  In reality it was the $20-$30 range.  Now I've broken all my limits more than once.

The highest I have ever paid for a single note is $1,000, for a Greenland 100K note in crisp UNC, but this was only to sell.

The highest I have ever paid for a note for my collection is $950 for a Swiss 1,000 Franken:

swi191_f-donated.jpg

swi191_b-donated.jpg

This was my highest coming in at $238 USD:

894506.jpg

1632 Austria Leopold Thaler

but recently I took delivery of a 1765 Mexican 8 Reales, and that one is a bit more expensive.

I don't have a scan of it handy. FOUND IT!

Maybe I can find one tonight and post it later. Here it is, aint' it a beaut!

900435.jpg