CoinPeople.com

Past PCI Winners

At the end of PCI 16 (If we ever get that far) there will be a final of finalists to find the winner of the winners per say. Plus i'd like to enter the winning coins into the Coinpeople Hall of fame.

Although the list i have is far from complete.

Past PCI winners

PCI - Run by Sylvester

Sylvester's 1864 Gothic Florin (now Stujoe's)

PCI2 - Run by Sylvester

Bustchaser's - 1830 half dollar

PCI3 - Run by Sylvester

Guilford Courthouse's 1856 British Halfpenny

PCI4 - Run by Stujoe

Banivechi's 2 Pengo 1939/Gpnyc's 1799 Draped Bust Dollar

PCI5 - Run by Stujoe

Ykp's Athens, AR Tetradrachm

PCI6 - Run by Ætheling

I remember it well Jim, well i do now you've prompted my memory. I knew a Bust coin had won it somewhere along the lines. If i remember you entered two bust coins that year the other was just as nice.

Scottishmoney - you know if your pictures hadn't disappear then i would have predicted that coin winning PCI6!

I remember it well Jim, well i do now you've prompted my memory. I knew a Bust coin had won it somewhere along the lines. If i remember you entered two bust coins that year the other was just as nice.

Scottishmoney - you know if your pictures hadn't disappear then i would have predicted that coin winning PCI6!

psssst........ it already has according to the caption with the image :ninja:

Guest Stujoe
PCI4 - Run by Stujoe

(Was a winner ever actually declared?)

Yes. The winners declared were banivechi's 2 Pengo 1939 & gpnyc's 1799 Draped Bust Dollar. :lol:

It could always be opened to further voting, I guess - you or your alter ego may be able to do it as I no longer can :cry: but it is still a tie in my books. :ninja:

Hmm i dunno i might be able to leave it as a tie, that would still give us 16 if i held the special finals after PCI15 rather than PCI16. But that depends how the others feel about having two from PCI4, is it fair on all the others that lost in the final of all the others?

I expect i'll decide on a rematch, but you never know.

For PCI 3, Guildford Courthouse rings a bell, was it an 1887 £5 coin or something?

Got it, i knew it was Guilford Courthouse! I know where he can be found so no problems with pictures there.

Interesting side note, i was just reading through the PCI3 posts for the final. Tiffany's Polish coin (now featuring in PCI-Xtra) was in PCI3 and to my knowledge probably still does hold the record for furtherest travelled coin after the pictures did a Lord Lucan and vanished. I think it got through two rounds pictureless (if memory serves correct, and it probably doesn't).

Also interestingly enough i just read my retirement speech from PCI after PCI3! :ninja:

Ah not to worry Stujoe, i'm sure i can find someone else as a 'second-man' to help me out if i get too busy or require a break every now and again.

As you know well PCI can be rather exhausting, i can manage about two or three seasons max before i require a season off! :ninja:

You're dead right Dave, although i had considered two solutions to the problems;

1) Have some rota system where several people volunteer to run a season single handedly, so the responsibility goes around. The benfit of this is when one person is running it there's less opportunity for miscommunication and thus complete confusion, and it gives everyone several season's break from it to refresh themselves and recover. PCI is a very rewarding thing to run but it takes up so much time it's unreal.

2) Which is looking a more likely scenario these days, the competition is getting o big, a victim of its own success, that i had considered breaking the responsibility up a bit and sharing the work out to volunteers. There's a number of ways this could be done;

I) Breaking by round, someone runs round one, passes it on to the next volunteer who runs round two etc.

II) Breaking by category, someone could do two categories, another person another 2, etc. and they'd just take their respective categories upto the category finals and then one of us takes over from there and takes it to the grand final.

Either method I) or II) four volunteers would be a comfortable number. More than that would be asking for trouble, two volunteers would be managable.

So if anyone wants to get a hands on feel of what it's like behind the scenes of PCI then speak up!

Needless to say i'll be volunteering to help run the competition whichever method people think is best.

I seriously think there should be a limited number of entries for each category. Say perhaps 8 per category. This PCI-6 got way to unwieldy, and I have had a difficult time even following, let alone even voting. Then coupled with the PCI-Extra stuff, which I haven't even looked at, it gets to be too much. In essence you are correct, it is becoming a victim of it's own success.

What I am suggesting is someone handle the first round, when that finishes someone else handle second round etc. But there should be a limited number of entries in each category and when they are full they are full, and entries attempted after that will have to wait for the next PCI competition. This would eliminate these competitions going out after months and months. I would suggest voting for each round last no more than one week, then move on to the next round.

I wouldn't have a problem with that.

There was a real mess up in this PCI early on due to the fact that i lost my internet connection for a week due to the lines been blow down in bad weather, it's a regular occurrence happens once a year. Which meant some went on for just over a week, but as luck would have it i managed to shut it them down at work.

Then i was running behind schedual. The sheer volume lost many members, what didn't help is that i like posting one entire round of a group in a week. Cos if you don't then there's room for confusion because you forget what bits of the category you have posted, and which bits you've left for another week. I had that problem in PCI1 or PCI2 and it turned into a nightmare so i am determined never to let that happen again.

PCIXtra probably have overphased everyone with PCI somewhat, but that's just there really for me to experiment with, because i had an idea to see if something was viable. Actually PCIXtra is running really well, it's quite managable. I was thinking of replacing the PCI setup with the PCIX setup.

I would strongly support reducing categories to 8 coins per category.

But this time we had something like 48 coins entered in two of the categories! With 38 in another and over 16 in most others.

I'll have to draw the line, the size is spoling the fun for many members i think, it's no use if members can't keep pace with it.

Archived