CoinPeople.com

"Full Nostril" Churchill !!!

Dockwalliper

All joking aside, there IS a rare variety of this coin. I kid you not. As I have an example of it.

Basically, the variant shows doubling to the letters HILL, also his lip and his eyebrow caused by hub doubling. This was reported in the UK's `Coin News' in the late '90's. I also remember conversing with the author of the articleabout it on rcc, and how the very first coin I looked at turned out to be one. Sadly, none since :ninja:

I suppose that you could call it a `hub doubled eye' variety. :lol:

I also have a rather superb specimen that developed a pretty strange pattern of toning to it just after a trip I made to Graceland. If you close your left eye and let your right eye go out of focus then maybe you'll see the spectral image of the old owner. It's spooky!

Of course, i've had one or two people say that it's artificial toning on the coin. Hah! what do they know. ...........

Elviscoin.jpg

Does the vertical blue line mean there is a dangour for permanent addiction ?

Have you not looked at your coin under a UV light? This coin was correctly predicted to become so popular that a counterfeit security strip was added to the coin that most people do not know about. :ninja:

Considered by many to be the most beautiful coin ever minted. This is the St. Gaudens of England!

:ninja:;);):lol:

Why's that so funny? :cry:

Just compare U.S. super-models to British super-models, and the St. Gaudens/Churchill comparison has a bit of clout.

Have you not looked at your coin under a UV light? This coin was correctly predicted to become so popular that a counterfeit security strip was added to the coin that most people do not know about. :ninja:

Oh and I allways thought they used Strontium or Caesium to mark the coins :lol:

I wonder how much it cost to slab that coin (including the postage etcetera) ?

Even if it reaches $30, I doubt if it would have made economic sense to the seller.

I wonder how much it cost to slab that coin (including the postage etcetera) ?

Even if it reaches $30, I doubt if it would have made economic sense to the seller.

This guy has a ton of NCG slabbed stuff for sale. Much of it still at bids like 1 cent or 99 cents. His slabbing fees must be huge.

Steve, I love Greg's auction for the Churchill Crown.

It costs about $20 to get a coin slabbed at NGC. This included shipping but many dealers submit large number of coins and get discounts.

Since the typical Churchill Crown can be picked up for around 50c, I think the seller will make on the coin thanks to all the free publicity it has gotten. It currently is at $21.60 and think it will close higher, I have a feeling there are a bunch of eBayers with their sniping shades on for this coin. :ninja:

Archived