CoinPeople.com

The Wyoming Copper Rush of 2006!

SMS

Finished my first $50 bag of cents for this year! Bank doesn't have another non-rolled bag, so the next $50 is by rolls :lol:

First $50:

1430 copper (28.6%): including a BU 1959D, and 12 wheaties!

15 Canadian: including a 1959 and 1957

The rest were 1982+, but had two nice coins so far found in those: BU 1995D toner! and a BU 1983 toner!

Of the wheaties we got:

2x 1958D, 1956, 1955D, 1952D, 1946D, 1946, 1945, 1939S, 1936, 1928...and....

D

R

U

M

R

O

L

L

P

L

E

A

S

E

A 1924D!!!! Nice :ninja:

This penny searching is addictive, I find it more satisfying than buying coins on VCoins and spending too much. Frankly it is like playing a slot machine and hoping you come up with some good stuff.

I did a bit better than you percentage wise on Wheats, I searched 8000 cents, or $80 worth in $20 increments. I came up with one wheat for every four rolls on average in my try. They came from three different banks. I also looked for San Francisco mints and found about 25 or so if memory is correct.

I found 5-6 George VI cents from the 1940's from Canada in the rolls, the first time I have ever gotten them outside of getting them in change in Canada.

I hope to do more soon, just too busy with other stuff right now.

I figured out a leisure way of going through $100 in cents monthly AND cherry pick properly :lol:

Gonna go through $5 in rolls a day (maybe 1 hour daily) for 5 days a week. That's $25 weekly, leisurely :ninja:

Today I ended up with:

147 coppers, 3 of which were wheaties (1953D, 1951D, and 1936)

2 Canadians

32 BU zincs

Not bad on the copper though, 29.4% And at $0.0213 of copper in each cent, that's $3.06 in copper content :cry: The rest of the $3.19 is going back to teh bank. This would actually be fairly profitable if copper begins to reach demands that would lead smelters to bewgin purchasing copper cents. And even at a bit less than $2 a day, $60/month is less than cable TV around here, and I enjoy it more ;)

Any of the banks that I have ever dealt with are more than happy to get you rolls/boxes/bags, especially of cents, but are quickly soured by your returning the unwanted cents to them. Hope you have better luck.

Any of the banks that I have ever dealt with are more than happy to get you rolls/boxes/bags, especially of cents, but are quickly soured by your returning the unwanted cents to them. Hope you have better luck.

That's why I use two banks. One to get the cents and the other to dump them.

I like to dump my cents back in Crestline on the crappy bank we have. Very rude and ignorant people, they deserve 5000 cents to deal with.

That's why I use two banks. One to get the cents and the other to dump them.

I like to dump my cents back in Crestline on the crappy bank we have. Very rude and ignorant people, they deserve 5000 cents to deal with.

Ahh, the ones you dump the cents that are all sticky and corroded on :ninja:

I bank at three different banks in town with 4 branches total in town (walking distance). So, I get the goods from my business banking at bank #4, then return the wealth divided between the three remianing branches of the other two banks over a period of time. So they don't have too terribly much to say about it :lol: And even if they did, there's the "threat" of using one of the "other six banks in this small town of 1500 adults" :ninja:

Let's just say, there is ALOT of financial instute competition here, so they pretty much try to aim to please. It would be the equivelant of a town like Ocala having 60 different banks competing with eachother.

I got another 4 common dte wheaties and 4 Cannadians again today. It seems at this rate I should get a roll of wheaties and a roll of Canadians every other week. That would be pretty nice :ninja:

• 2 months later...

Been checking any more bags/boxes? I have two $25 boxes to go through this weekend. One from Toledo and another from Crestline (dad got me one).

Also another $100 in half dollars to check too!

Boy are my eyes going to hate me.

Archived