CoinPeople.com

Macau! 100 Patacas Silver Commemorative Proof!

SMS

Gonna place a nice one of my extras here before moving it to an outside auction. This is for a nice 1999 Macau 100 Patacas Commemorative Proof coin in sterling Silver! Produced by the Royal Canadian Mint, these specimens show outstanding craftsmanship with a total mintage of only 39,000! The coin features Portuguese and Chinese ships below a gold plated cameo of the Ma Gao Temple. The one in auction is still sealed in it's original red box. The pictured coin is from MY collection :ninja:

Starting Bid: $29

Bid Increments: $0.50

Auction ends: May 31, 2006

Shipping: $6 insured/confirmed within the United States. International, actual costs (PM for details)

Thanks for looking!

911563.jpg

Why is the shipping cost so high?

priority mail is $4.05; insurance for an under $50 package is $1.35. if it goes first class instead of priority the total should be something like $1.98 or so (assuming a 2oz envelope).

doesn't really matter, though--just add the shipping cost to the bid price ... if the coin isn't worth that to you then you probably shouldn't bid.

Why is the shipping cost so high?

The Mint package for the coin itself is a 5.25x5.25x1.75" red box with a smaller red velvet lined disply box containing the coin. I only ship packages fully insured and confirmed, otherwise they tend not to make it to their destination. With our post office here, first class packages tend to not make it out for about a week (though higher priced parcel, and definitely Priority Mail leaves immediately). So the "actual" shipping cost comes to $5.90 for Priority/confirmation/base-insurance. Even if I sent it First Class, I would still have to be putting $1.10 in for a shipping box unless I want to drive 60+ miles round trip to pick one up for $0.40 cheaper at Walmart. It's probably one of the very few drawbacks of living in sub-rural U.S.

Not really a stupid question either :lol: Economics is quite different depending on where you live. What's expensive to someone in a major city (rent/utils/etc) is ultra cheap in comparison out in the middle of Nowhere. But, then trivial things like shipping boxes, tape, and even TP are outrageously priced :ninja: ($1.95+ per 100 sq.ft. for TP out here!)

The Mint package for the coin itself is a 5.25x5.25x1.75" red box with a smaller red velvet lined disply box containing the coin.  I only ship packages fully insured and confirmed, otherwise they tend not to make it to their destination.  With our post office here, first class packages tend to not make it out for about a week (though higher priced parcel, and definitely Priority Mail leaves immediately).  So the "actual" shipping cost comes to $5.90 for Priority/confirmation/base-insurance.  Even if I sent it First Class, I would still have to be putting $1.10 in for a shipping box unless I want to drive 60+ miles round trip to pick one up for $0.40 cheaper at Walmart.  It's probably one of the very few drawbacks of living in sub-rural U.S.

Not really a stupid question either :lol:  Economics is quite different depending on where you live.  What's expensive to someone in a major city (rent/utils/etc) is ultra cheap in comparison out in the middle of Nowhere.  But, then trivial things like shipping boxes, tape, and even TP are outrageously priced  :ninja:  ($1.95+ per 100 sq.ft. for TP out here!)

Thanks............ :cry:

priority mail is $4.05; insurance for an under $50 package is $1.35.  if it goes first class instead of priority the total should be something like $1.98 or so (assuming a 2oz envelope). 

doesn't really matter, though--just add the shipping cost to the bid price ... if the coin isn't worth that to you then you probably shouldn't  bid.

1st off the qustion wasn't wasn't presented to you and it DID matter. There was something I didn't take into consideration that the OP made apparent, that oviously you could not.

I'll start it at $29 and if I win, what type of payment do you accept?

Personal check, cashier's check, money order, PayPal payment (all forms and currencies), and barter of precious metal bullion and coins (Silver, gold, platinum, palladium) negotiated.

It's 8pm where I am on the 31st, so I'm gonna end it. Brett has a beautiful new coin :ninja: Cheapest I am able to find this is $40 w/o shipping, so you got yourself a deal :lol: Thanks for looking and bidding!

1st off the qustion wasn't wasn't presented to you and it DID matter. There was something I didn't take into consideration that the OP made apparent, that oviously you could not.

"did not" doesn't logically map to "could not" ... and, last i checked, this was a FORUM and not an email message or a private message ... your item read "Why is the shipping cost so high?" and wasn't addressed to a particular individual.

people who whine about shipping costs are just that: whiners.

Archived