CoinPeople.com

Do they sell Dansco Albums for Canadian coins.

izzy452

I'd like to get something for my Canadian coins as well. Right now they are sitting in 2x2's. Sadly, a lot from the 50's were stored in soft flips and and now very hazy.

• 6 months later...

Most all of my Canadian coins are in blue Whitman folders.

Of course they were put there 30 years ago. I don't know if Whitman still makes Canadian folders or not.

:ninja:;););)

The website for a company that I use says that Dansco for Canadian coins are coming soon. Don't know what this means but it may be time to contact Dansco again.

Interesting that Dansco says they're going to make albums for Canadian coins again. The only ones I know of are the old (no longer available) Canadian Type Set albums. I lucked out and scored one of each of the two from a coin dealer on the East Coast, both new in the wrapper, too.

• 2 weeks later...

Besides the normal blue Whitman folders that everyone is used to, Whitman also once produced a "bookshelf edition" (very similar to Dansco, but a little smaller in size) for both Cdn large cents and small cents. I believe that I sent my only small cent album to Tiffi awhile back, but I may have one for the large cents around here. I also have a few of the standard Whitman folders for the small cents.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I wonder if these Grandmaster albums are any good.

Izzy452, I've got a few of those albums. I think they're quite nice, and the price isn't too bad. I also got the US state quarter series in one of these albums. They open easily so you can add additional pages if you want to. You can order them direct from the manufacturer: http://www.collectorssupplyhouse.com/ and if the order is large enough (I think it only needs to be about $30CAD), then they'll even ship them free.

You can get similar coin albums from Unitrade http://www.unitradeassoc.com . These are also found at most coin shops. They also have the little blue folders, that are only a few dollars each. I have a couple of these as well, and my son is putting his penny collection in one of them, too.

Hope this helps.

Archived