CoinPeople.com

Huge Mexican Coins Collection

Hurricane

:ninja: Greetings, I'm new to this forums, I had for long find a suitable online community but I had little luck. I inhereted a large collection of coins and stamps, I have an interest to know more, but I hadnt been able to put my hands into catalogs thus knowing the price of some rare coins I have, I do whatever have some reference of the coins.

I had been able to find some actual prices, from people selling coins that I have (showing the reference to actual catalogs), anyway, let us get to the point.

I need price check for this one:

50c amecameca VF. this coin is supossed to be produced at 1915 at mexico city, according with some people selling this coin, the current price is $150 US, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

Do you have a picture/scan of the piece? The Brass piece is worth more than the copper version, but there are also counterfiets that had been produced. A scan would help to validate the authenticity of the piece somewhat, as well as the price range. Since the Amecameca strikes under Emilio Zapata were very crude to begin with, it could actually possibly grade higher, taking this fact into consideration. Plus, if there is any harsh wear or abuse on the coin, it could also grade much lower. However, for an Amecameca 50c, $150 is a fair ballpark range for a VF graded BRASS coin. The coppers shouldn't even be 1/10th that price, and you have to be careful of brass plating.

Post a scan if you can!

• 2 years later...
:art: Greetings, I'm new to this forums, I had for long find a suitable online community but I had little luck. I inhereted a large collection of coins and stamps, I have an interest to know more, but I hadnt been able to put my hands into catalogs thus knowing the price of some rare coins I have, I do whatever have some reference of the coins.

I had been able to find some actual prices, from people selling coins that I have (showing the reference to actual catalogs), anyway, let us get to the point.

I need price check for this one:

50c amecameca VF. this coin is supossed to be produced at 1915 at mexico city, according with some people selling this coin, the current price is $150 US, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

I'm new to CoinPeople also. I'm a collector on Mexican revolutionary coins. I love the history that come with the coins. Are these coins you are talking about crude as in "home made". If so they are Amecameca Mexico coins made between 1910-1917. They were made of copper from tank cars full of molases or brandy. Many counterfied I've been told. Send me a picture at my e-mail or here and I can tell you more.

Value varies from $50 plus..up to about $100. The 25 CENT coins are more valuble. This coins were hand cut from the tanks and hit with hammer blows.

What else do you have? I may be able to help.

Ben

Archived