CoinPeople.com

The Ugly Coin Competition - Week 26

akdrv

Which one is uglier?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is uglier?

• Stujoe's Yuck FEC
    • Mark Stilson's plagued Lincoln Cent

Stujoe's FEC retains the UCC champion title once again. This week's challenger is another worthy opponent. Mark Stilson's plagued Lincoln Cent must have spent some time in a less than hospitable place. Which one is uglier: the partialy digested FEC or the plagued Lincoln cent?

Stujoe's Holed FEC

909027.jpg

Mark Stilson's plagued Lincoln Cent

uglyob.jpg

uglyrev.jpg

The flying eagle is a recognizable coin, recognizable date, denomination, and even a hole to be filled for your album! The Lincoln cent, on the other hand, trusts in god and little else!

Wow. Now that is a worthy challenger to the FEC. So worthy, I'm having a horrible time making up my mind. I mean, up to now, my main criterion has been whether or not I could form an educated guess as to what happened to the coin. Now that has to be used against the FEC... 'partially digested' is at least a theory, and I have no idea what happened to that Lincoln. I can't even tell if it's a Wheatie or a Memorial! So, apologies to Stujoe and his long-suffering eagle, I have to at long last jump ship. I mean, President Lincoln himself is currently in better condition than Mark's penny!

Archived