CoinPeople.com

I've seen them in junk boxes but I've never seen any information about their manufacture or collection.

I have to say that my 1 month and 1 year tokens are worth a whole lot more to me than my 5 and 10 year tokens (which still are very important to me).

Jim

Sober now for 14 years 2 months. :ninja:

Edited to add that as far as collectables are concerned I don't have a clue.

I have to say that my 1 month and 1 year tokens are worth a whole lot more to me than my 5 and 10 year tokens (which still are very important to me).

Jim

Sober now for 14 years 2 months. :lol:

Edited to add that as far as collectables are concerned I don't have a clue.

:cry:;) Congrats Jim!!! :ninja:

I mean, anything is collectible, but do they mint them en masse? Are the 5 year tokens worth more than the 1 month tokens?

i would imagine there are many more one month tokens than there are five year tokens ... further compounding the rarity would seem to be that those who have earned their five year token certainly value them highly (and so would be less likely to give them up).

i don't know anyone who collects them. i'm not sure how you'd get them outside of the usual channels.

Congrats Bustchaser on 14 years! :ninja:

I'd have to say that the first year token is worth more to me also. In fact it is the only one I still have other that my current year chip. I've recycled the rest.

As far as them being worth anything to anyone other that the people that earned them, I doubt it. You can get them for free at most every meeting in the world.

We have chips from 24 hrs. to 50 years at my usual meeting.

If I remember correctly the last time we orderded tokens they were 37 cent each.

If you have some older ones, Poet call AA in your local phone book. They would probably be interested in recycling them, but I doubt if they would buy them from you.

Just like coins the ones with a little age get me to wondering what they have been through, the trials and successes of another alcoholic.

Hope this helps,

Dave

Congrats Bustchaser on 14 years! :lol:

I'd have to say that the first year token is worth more to me also. In fact it is the only one I still have other that my current year chip. I've recycled the rest.

As far as them being worth anything to anyone other that the people that earned them, I doubt it. You can get them for free at most every meeting in the world.

We have chips from 24 hrs. to 50 years at my usual meeting.

If I remember correctly the last time we orderded tokens they were 37 cent each.

If you have some older ones, Poet call AA in your local phone book. They would probably be interested in recycling them, but I doubt if they would buy them from you.

Just like coins the ones with a little age get me to wondering what they have been through, the trials and successes of another alcoholic.

Hope this helps,

Dave

:cry:;):ninja:

Hope this helps,

Dave

Good luck and good work to you, too, brother!:ninja:

Jim

Archived