CoinPeople.com

2€ Commemoratives

I'm going to put together a set of UNC 2€ commemoratives. I'll be looking to purchase or trade. Anyone able to help?<H1><CENTER>Art's 2€ Commemorative Set </CENTER></H1> <Table border> <TR ALIGN="center" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF><FONT FACE="center" COLOR=#008080><B>2004</B></FONT></TD> <TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#CCFFFF><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2004 Finland - European Union Enlargement - have it. </B></FONT></TD> <TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#CCFFFF><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2004 Greece - Olympic Games -- have it. </B></FONT></TD> <TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#CCFFFF><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2004 Italy - Fifth decade of the World Food Programme - Have it </B></FONT></TD> <TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#CCFFFF><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2004 Luxembourg - Effigy and monogram of Grand-Duke Henri - Have it. </B></FONT></TD> <TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#FFFF99><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2004 San Marino - Bartolomeo Borghesi (historian, numismatist) </B></FONT></TD> <TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#FFFF99><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2004 Vatican City - 75th anniversary of the Founding of the Vatican City State </B></FONT></TD> <TR ALIGN="center" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF><FONT FACE="Center" COLOR=#008080><B>2005 </B></FONT></TD><TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#CCFFFF><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2005 Austria - 50th anniversary of the Austrian State Treaty - Have it.</B></FONT></TD><TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#CCFFFF><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2005 Belgium - Belgium Luxembourg Economic Union - have it.</B></FONT></TD><TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#CCFFFF><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2005 Finland - 60th anniversary of the United Nations - have it .</B></FONT></TD> <TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#CCFFFF><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2005 Italy - 1st anniversary of the European Constitution - have it</B></FONT></TD><TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#CCFFFF><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2005 Luxembourg - 50th anniversary of G-D Henri - have it.</B></FONT></TD> <TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#FFFF99><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2005 San Marino - World year of Physics</B></FONT></TD><TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#CCFFFF><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2005 Spain - Don Quixote of La Mancha - Have it. </B></FONT></TD><TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#FFFF99><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2005 Vatican City - World Youth Day 2005</B></FONT></TD><TR ALIGN="center" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF><FONT FACE="Center" COLOR=#008080><B>2006</B></FONT></TD><TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#CCffFF><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2006 Belgium - Atominium Have it</B></FONT></TD><TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#CCFFFF><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2006 Germany - Schleswig-Holstein - have it. </B></FONT></TD><TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#CCFFFF><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2006 Italy - 20th Olympic Winter Games - Turin - Have it.</B></FONT></TD><TR ALIGN="left" VALIGN="bottom"> <TD BGCOLOR=#CCFFFF><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR=#008080><B>2006 Luxembourg - 25th birthday of the Grand-Duke Guillaume - Have it.</B></FONT></TD> </Table>

Done. Oh, and think twice about including those "mini-countries". The San Marino and particularly the Vatican €2 commems are pretty costly. (Monaco has not issued any so far.) I have seen dealers charge €100 for the VA 2004 piece ...

Christian

Done. Oh, and think twice about including those "mini-countries". The San Marino and particularly the Vatican €2 commems are pretty costly. (Monaco has not issued any so far.) I have seen dealers charge €100 for the VA 2004 piece ...

Christian

I think that I'll leave the Vatican and San Marino thing open. I'm not interested in spending a lot of money on this venture. I just think that it's a good time to begin such a collection and then keep it up to date.

When you start getting these, we will need pictures! :ninja:

I'll accept that assignment BUT you notice that I rarely do pictures of coins. My pic skills are horrible. I need practice.

Hi art:

i havent the 2€ Spain do quixote de la mancha. But tomorrow i will go to the dealer of my village and now how much cost the coin in UNC??

Thank you. That's one of the neatest designs. I really like it.

I'm going to put together a set of UNC 2€ commemoratives. I'll be looking to purchase or trade. Anyone able to help?

Right now I need them alll except the Finland 2005 UN. Chart to come.

2004 Greece - Olympic Games

i have an extra one of these you can have ...

• 2 weeks later...

Updated. I've made great progress on this in such a short time. I still haven't decided on the layout for my album. I'll post some ideas as soon as I firm it up a bit more.

A big thank you to all of your who have helped. I appreciate it very much. Please keep me in mind if you come across these.

• 3 weeks later...

I received the Don Quixote from Alfonso and it's a beauty. Haven't checked it off on the list because I gave it away as soon as it arrived.

These don't even show up on ebay all that much. Maybe I'm looking incorrectly. I'll try a few different searches.

There are several ways to spell that Don's name. The one that Cervantes used is Quixote, the common one in Spanish nowadays is Quijote, in French it is Quichotte etc. So I would try "Quijote" first.

Just did a quick search, and this is what eBay Germany (above) and Spain (below) came up with. Maybe it helps. :ninja:

http://muenzen.search.ebay.de/quijote_Muen...R8QQsacatZ11116

http://numismatica.search.ebay.es/quijote_...R8QQsacatZ11116

Christian

There are several ways to spell that Don's name. The one that Cervantes used is Quixote, the common one in Spanish nowadays is Quijote, in French it is Quichotte etc.  So I would try "Quijote" first.

Just did a quick search, and this is what eBay Germany (above) and Spain (below) came up with. Maybe it helps. :ninja:

http://muenzen.search.ebay.de/quijote_Muen...R8QQsacatZ11116

http://numismatica.search.ebay.es/quijote_...R8QQsacatZ11116

Christian

Thanks. There are more on those sites. I've asked Spain_number1 to get more coins for me and am waiting for his response. If he can't this may be the way to go.

The name of the Cervantes book, is always in Spanish language,

"Quijote".

The name of "Quixote", write only in antique castilian language, before 18th century; after this, language change "X" letter by "j" letter.

For example : In spanish languaje we say "Mejico" and in Mejico they say "Mexico", because they d'ont never change the "x" letter.

San Marino in 2005 has 2€ coins with Galileo and another with a Watchtower. Are these both commemoratives or is one the general circulation coin? Anyone know?

That watchtower is actually the Palazzo Pubblico in San Marino. And yes, that is the regular issue. See here ...

http://www.ecb.eu/bc/coins/national/2euro/html/index.en.html

Christian

Nice site. Thanks for the help. I'm building a "favorites" list with Euro sites. This one is very helpful.

Archived