CoinPeople.com

1849 Norris, Gregg & Norris

Howdy! Sorry, don't have any answers for you. Lots of knowledgeable folks here, though...have patience, you may yet receive an answer. Welcome!

I came across a fake NGN half eagle once. Was an easy one to spot. The real ones are quite rare and valuable but that's really all I know. The coin is listed in the Red Book if you want to look it up for some history.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

Well, yeah, but it is a two-way street, right? Can you guess what coin I am looking at right now? No? Oh, well, thanks for trying...

Is the coin gold?

How much does it weigh?

How did you come to own it?

Did you buy it from John J. Ford?

Do you have a scan?

Do you have any documentation, authentication, provenance or anything to go with the coin, even a story?

If the coin is gold, it is worth gold.

Short of that, it is worthless.

Copies, fakes, frauds, hoaxes, knock-offs, things like that just clutter the channels of trade as so much flotsam and jetsam -- though there are exceptions, such as famous fake 1804 Dollars and the famous phony 1913 Liberty Nickels, all of which come up at famous auctions every few years. Short of that, you might as well have a plastic replica from a box of Sugar Treats Breakfast Cereal.

... unless, of course, there is something to commend this coin that you have not mentioned...

Archived