CoinPeople.com

Let's see some Morgans.......

Wow! Those are some really beautiful coins. Mine isn't as pretty, but I love it more than any other item in my collection (which is mainly banknotes). This Morgan was given to me by my grandfather. Many years ago - in fact a long-long time ago, he decided to save two silver dollars from the year that he was born (1889) and give them to his two youngest grandsons just before he was to die. I was the second youngest grandson. I can't remember how many grandsons there were, but I know my mom was the youngest of 14 kids, so there were a lot of grandkids, and getting this back in 1981 was one of the most special (and sad) times of my life. Now when I hold it in my hands, I have a very strong link to my grandpa and the past.

kby78p.jpg

Cool coin Dave. that's what is fun about coins too, the stories that go with them.

That 1878-CC you see pictured is nice and all, but I have a 1922 Peace dollar that is worn, been cleaned & has tape reisdue on it, but the CC would leave my collection before the Peace dollar in a heartbeat. The Peace was one of seven giving to me and my sister by my dad around 1968 or 1969 when I was 4. We went to the local Sears store where my older sister lost all of hers but I was able to hang on to mine!

It's the only coin I can attribute from my deceased Dad, so It's my for a long time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

It seems this thread is over-due for some action! :ninja: I recently received my first US coin from the 1800's. My Grandmother gave me a lot of coins including this 1884 Morgan Silver Dollar! I was so happy when I saw it in the box she handed me. I wasn't expecting it. Anyways, It's in decent shape overall in my opinion, but you all tell me what ya think. ;)

small_coin9.jpg

small_coin10.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
My 2 toned Morgans are not real impressive but they are sisters. :ninja:

motone1.jpg

motone2.jpg

Hi,

What is your setup to shoot such nice pictures? The lighting looks perfect. What

kind of camera are you using?

Regards

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...