CoinPeople.com

Sprechen sie Deutsch??

SlavicScott

It looks like just Überweisung which is the direct checking to checking account method they have in Europe.

It looks like just Überweisung which is the direct checking to checking account method they have in Europe.

Yep, all we need to know here is the seller's IBAN and SWIFT code (every bank account has one) and we can make a direct bank transfer to €uro countries via the net with no additional charges.

Yep, all we need to know here is the seller's IBAN and SWIFT code (every bank account has one) and we can make a direct bank transfer to €uro countries via the net with no additional charges.

Right, and that is what is the seller wants and accepts. From what I have read, some banks in some European countries (Spain and Greece for example) charge extra for such transfers, thus violating EU regulations. Seems they get away with it ...

Transfers within Germany, and to Austria, Belgium and the Netherlands, work fine for me. In addition to the BIC (or "Swift code") and the IBAN, some banks want more info, like the recipient's name and location; no idea if entering that info is actually necessary. And I have not tried transfers to/from Finland yet ...

Christian

Right, and that is what is the seller wants and accepts. From what I have read, some banks in some European countries (Spain and Greece for example) charge extra for such transfers, thus violating EU regulations. Seems they get away with it ...

Transfers within Germany, and to Austria, Belgium and the Netherlands, work fine for me. In addition to the BIC (or "Swift code") and the IBAN, some banks want more info, like the recipient's name and location; no idea if entering that info is actually necessary. And I have not tried transfers to/from Finland yet ...

Christian

Transfers in euro between euro accounts between countries that signed the agreement are at the same cost as an inland banktransfer for the sender ( like half a euro) and no cost at all for the receiver provided full BIC ( Bank Identifer Code) and IBAN ( International Bank account number ) are used

Spain as been named by my bank as not conforming all the time

I paid to the UK to a person who had a Euro account and that worked

On the other hand Monaco made me pay 20 euro cost

In my opinion the guy will ship to the US if you can get the money there without cost but be aware the US did not sign the bilateral post agreement so insured mail to the US is not possible only registered mail

I added a link

http://www.ecbs.org/iban.htm

And I have not tried transfers to/from Finland yet ...

I have made such transfers to Germany, France, Belgium and even Portugal without a problem. :ninja:

Transfers in euro between euro accounts between countries that signed the agreement are at the same cost as an inland banktransfer for the sender ( like half a euro) and no cost at all for the receiver provided full BIC ( Bank Identifer Code) and IBAN ( International Bank account number ) are used...

Yes, my bank stresses this. If the bank has to correct any error or fill in a number/letter or complete the info in any way, then I will be charged a handling/service fee.

I wonder why we don't do that here.

I wonder why we don't do that here.

It's kind of odd indeed: On one hand the US is among the most advanced countries when it comes to "the cashless society" - on the other hand, means of payment such as checks are still common there. We mostly use money transfer and direct debit payments here, and debit (and to a lesser extent credit) cards for "plastic" payments, and cash (a lot), but checks are pretty much extinct in DE.

Note, however, that when Sir Sisu writes "no additional charges", this just means that the transfer charge to a €-based account abroad must be the same as a domestic transfer. Somebody who pays for every transaction would of course be charged; I have a "free" account so a transfer to Berlin or Brussels would not cost me a cent ...

Christian

I have had to instruct many german , french , italian vendors in BIC and IBAN

I have two tests first tester is the IBAN

The first two figures after the country are the restsum of an algoritm

The test you can download here

http://www.iban-calculator.de/

If a BIC exists and is operational you can test here

http://www.swift.com/biconline/index.cfm

I used to go to the bank to pay because if I sit there and the numbers are rejected I do not have to pay

Now I check them at home

My cost is 0.5 euro because I do not pay enough fixed cost to have a "free" account

On top of the numbers you need the name of the accountholder or the computer system in belgium will refuse submittal

The EEC forced all member banks by EEC legislation to drop the 20 euro per transfer cost and do an electronic transfer for the price of an inland transfer

to all euro member countries

The banks retaliated with a cost for having a bank account and for using it and now they try to make you pay to get cash out of a machine

Also they ask 0.5 euro for a check and the check no longer is covered by any guarantee

They also upped the price of debtor cards to around 20 euro

Our euro card / master card is not a credit card

All outstanding sums have to be paid per month

Our euro card / master card is not a credit card

All outstanding sums have to be paid per month

Hmm, I don't use a MasterCard, but I know that with my Visa card (I am in DE) I could use the credit option. Maybe that depends on the country and/or the issuing bank?

On the other hand, I do not want that credit but pay 100% back every month. I prefer to keep all my arms and legs. :ninja:

Christian

Hmm, I don't use a MasterCard, but I know that with my Visa card (I am in DE) I could use the credit option. Maybe that depends on the country and/or the issuing bank?

On the other hand, I do not want that credit but pay 100% back every month. I prefer to keep all my arms and legs. :ninja:

Christian

Visa is a credit card in belgium too but costs a lot more just to have it then eurocard/mastercard and since I use the card mainly on business travel I want to pay off every month anyway

Again, this is why I love this place so much. I asked a question hoping to get some of the basic facts I needed, but instead got a full education on this, with answers to several other questions I hadn't considered to ask.

Christian, I am watching this auction. I am still debating on whether or not I want to jump into it. If I do, I will PM to negotiate some assistance. Thanks!

As I often spend time browsing some of the European eBays, and dealing with European coin dealers, I have many time seen the requests for IBAN transfers. (now I know what IBAN means, and have a much better understanding of the system). I wonder, are there any American banks that participate in this system, or perhaps even American branches of European banks, where I might be able to go and open account in order to use such a transfer service??

You need a euro account in a euro country

I guess a euro account in germany would be the most logical thing

I think most banks would be able to offer that

only the price would vary

My friend is an american retired coindealer he pays paypall

If nothing else works, I pay for him

Visa is a credit card in belgium too but costs a lot more just to have it  then eurocard/mastercard and since I use the card mainly on business travel I want to pay off every month anyway

I tried to get a Cash advance off my Visa in Germany and the bankers looked at me like I was crazy. Finally one of them figured out to send me to a Citybank branch, Citibank does handle VISA whereevr they are. But Germany was very MasterCard biased.

Hmm, strange. Germany is very "balanced" :ninja: in that regard: There are about 10 million Visa cards and 11 million MasterCards in DE. Relatively low figures (since over here credit cards are used to a much lesser extent than the EC/Maestro debit cards that practically everybody has), but in Germany Visa and MC are about equally widespread ...

Christian

I tried to get a Cash advance off my Visa in Germany and the bankers looked at me like I was crazy.  Finally one of them figured out to send me to a Citybank branch, Citibank does handle VISA whereevr they are.  But Germany was very MasterCard biased.

In Hamburg I just went to one of the foreign exchange kiosks and "purchased" money with my Visa.

Well if you are ever in Wattenscheid, don't try to explain a Visa cash advance to anyone except the people at Citibank :ninja:

Well if you are ever in Wattenscheid, don't try to explain a Visa cash advance to anyone except the people at Citibank :ninja:

I got Swiss Franks in Basel with my Eurocard/Mastercard but then again it was a branch of the National Bank and the amount was very restricted

On the other hand any supermarket will give me a few hundred euro in cash with my Maestro Bank Card with ID chip

OIC. :lol: In general I try to avoid this anyway - cash advance that is. One time in a store my Maestro card could not be "read", and they did not accept credit cards. So I went to an ATM, tried the Maestro - did not work there either (later I was told that the magnetic stripe was damaged), so I used the credit card. Now that basically was a cash advance, and it cost me dearly.

Fortunately the Maestro cards are now accepted in much of the US as well. So I have two "plastic wallets" without having to have two credit cards ...

Errm, where were we? Ah yes. Two bids on that 1 dinar piece so far. :cry:

Christian

My american friend is a retired coindealer

I asked him about the Dinar

He said he used to pay those like 4$ per pound mixed with all the rest of estate

miscelleaneous coins

So I understand that postage probably will cost as much or more then the coin ?

Archived