CoinPeople.com

Have you seen this?

Noty sure yet about your token but I have found this -

Hic Rhodus, hic salta!

“Rhodes is here, here is where you jump!” or Here is Rhodes, jump here!

The origin of this odd saying, whose currency is largely due to Hegel and Marx, takes a little explaining. Its original form is “Hic Rhodus, hic saltus” (“Rhodes is here, here is the place for your jump”), a traditional Latin translation [see, e.g., Erasmus, Adagia 3. 3. 28] of a punchline from Aesop. In the fable The Braggart an athlete boasts that he once performed a stupendous jump in Rhodes, and can produce witnesses: the punchline is the comment of a bystander, who means that there is no need of witnesses, since the athlete can demonstrate the jump here and now.

Deus Salva Nos! - God save Us

(Salva nos, Deus - Save us, God)

Sorry, I know nothing about it, but I think it's a cool piece, too :ninja:

... and Welcome to CoinPeople !!!

• 1 year later...

This has beeen bugging me, too. I have been straining Google's capacities for possible links to some organization or individual who might have produced such a token. No luck yet --but I've learned a lot about Hegel's and Marx's use (and creative misuse) of the proverb! In other modern contexts it often appears to be used as a sort of motto, as an exhortation to act (in the sense: "here we are--let's not hesitate to do, rather than simply to talk").

Archived