CoinPeople.com

Suriname

Art

Those are some of my favorite notes. Great colors and dseigns. I like the exposed metal security thread on the reverse side of those notes.

Does anyone know if there are any other denoninations in that series?

100 gulden

500 gulden

1,000 gulden

5,000 gulden

10,000 gulden

25,000 gulden

This site, in Dutch - I think, has pictures of the other guldens in the series. It also has pictures of Suriname notes with dollar denominations.

Suriname Currency Website

This site, in Dutch - I think, has pictures of the other guldens in the series. It also has pictures of Suriname notes with dollar denominations.

Suriname Currency Website

Can anyone who can translate this site tell us why they now have currency denominated in dollars? Are they changing or just adding or?

:ninja:

I don't read dutch, but it looks like a south american devaluation, brasilian style...

I guess the cute series is the older (2000...) unit (gulden) replaced with a new dollar.

Surinam's neighbor, Guyana has used the dollar for many years. Not sure if both dollars share only the name.

Jacques

Does anyone have any of the other notes from this series that can be scanned and posted? They're all very colorful with wonderful images.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Suriname 2 1/2 Gulden 1985

surisuriname2halffront.jpg

Suriname 2 1/2 Gulden 1985 UNC

Front Design: Blue Gray Tanager (Bird)

surisuriname2halfback.jpg

Suriname 2 1/2 Gulden 1985 UNC

Back Design: Afobaka Dam

I found this note very beautiful and the serial number also very interesting 090901

Archived