CoinPeople.com

1972 Bahmas 2 Dollars Proof

jlueke

Nicely taken photo Jorg! I've got one of these too but even though its about as nice there is no way my scanner could compete. :-)

Alongside my one in its tray is a Brilliant Uncirculated Bermuda `Turtle' 1 dollar silver crown. As I leaned towards it the cartwheel effect created by the surface lustre caught my eye, reminding me why I have a goodly few modern silver crown size coins in Unc AND Proof.

They both have their merits, although (to my mind) the proof strike definitely augments the engravers art more than a business strike. Room for both in the world though. ;-)

Nice cameo :ninja:

Nicely taken photo Jorg! I've got one of these too but even though its about as nice there is no way my scanner could compete.    :-)

Alongside my one in its tray is a Brilliant Uncirculated Bermuda `Turtle' 1 dollar silver crown. As I leaned towards it the cartwheel effect created by the surface lustre caught my eye, reminding me why I have a goodly few modern silver crown size coins in Unc AND Proof.

They both have their merits, although (to my mind) the proof strike definitely augments the engravers art more than a business strike. Room for both in the world though. ;-)

Thanks Ian. My photographic skills are still hit and miss though hopefully I am learning. This coin was actually quite easy. The fields were drinking in the light. I think the coin wanted, NEEDED to be photographed.

Archived