CoinPeople.com

Let's count to 100 with Banknotes

Art

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

see323,

I think Art was trying to convey (in a friendly way) that your post doesn't exactly fit in with this particular thread (counting to 100 with banknotes). Since the previous post was "57", your posting of a note with a value of "1" was a little short of "58" (the next logical note posting).

BTW, welcome to the forum. We are getting quite a little group of SEA folks here now.

Dave

see323,

I think Art was trying to convey (in a friendly way) that your post doesn't exactly fit in with this particular thread (counting to 100 with banknotes).  Since the previous post was "57", your posting of a note with a value of "1" was a little short of "58" (the next logical note posting). 

BTW, welcome to the forum.  We are getting quite a little group of SEA folks here now.

Dave

Thank you, Dave. I did not notice there was a number on every message. I have added No. 58 into the messsage. Sorry ART !!! :ninja: SEA - South-East Asia... oh....most banknote collectors usually collect only their own country's notes and usually do not venture into other countries' banknotes. I started 18 years ago and soley and dutifully collect only my country ( Singapore ) notes. Only two years ago, I started venturing into world solid number banknotes. Naturally, I would like to know more about world notes and get into world community banknote forums. It is also a great way to get to know more world fellow banknotes collectors.

Regards

Derrick

Derrick,

We are happy to have you on the forum, and I'm sorry if I didn't explain it well in my previous post. Let me be a little more precise. For post #58, you should have banknotes totaling 58. In theory, a 58 dollar, 58 rupee, 58 whatever note would be best. But, since there aren't any that I can think of, you could, for example, post 2-20 dollar bills, 1-10 dollar bill, 1-5 dollar bill, and 3-one dollar bills to add up to the magic number of 58. Then, it is up to some adventuresome soul to post 59 sheckles, 59 ringits, 59 scooby-snack redeemable coupons, or whatever.

By, SEA folks I meant that I live in Thailand. There is another famous member here as well, and there are at least a couple I know of in the Philippines.

Dave

Derrick,

We are happy to have you on the forum, and I'm sorry if I didn't explain it well in my previous post.  Let me be a little more precise.  For post #58, you should have banknotes totaling 58.  In theory, a 58 dollar, 58 rupee, 58 whatever note would be best.  But, since there aren't any that I can think of, you could, for example, post 2-20 dollar bills, 1-10 dollar bill, 1-5 dollar bill, and 3-one dollar bills to add up to the magic number of 58.  Then, it is up to some adventuresome soul to post 59 sheckles, 59 ringits, 59 scooby-snack redeemable coupons, or whatever.

By, SEA folks I meant that I live in Thailand.  There is another famous member here as well, and there are at least a couple I know of in the Philippines.

Dave

I am happy to be in this world forum community. To contribute and to learn from everyone here. Oh...I am aware that you are from Thailand and part of South-East Asian countries. Nice to know you as a fellow collector. Who is the other famous member here ? I wonder. I have done some raw cut-and-paste job totalling 58. Hope it is ok.

4notestotalling58.jpg

:lol: The joy starts when you found something that fixed into your collection. Just take it as a life time collection. Take your time to search for them. Should be able to find really good ones.

I have stopped my other early collection. In a way, I have completed a type set for the Straits Settlement (SS) notes. I have also created a sight and sound slide show for the SS collection last night. It's not officially launched in my website yet but ready to ... :ninja:

• 3 weeks later...

The Thailand commemorative 60 Baht note is certainly interesting, as much as some Russian or Polish extra larges notes that I have too. The problem is, sometimes, where to put them!!!

My own classifying system uses 6x9 in. envelopes and I have at least 5 notes that do not fit, since I didn'nt want the huge 8x10 format. So I use a separate 8x10 envelope for them all at the time. It goes on top of the separate envelopes but there is no country name on it..

Jacques

_P31_5000_Marek__.jpg

What year is that Danish 50-kroner?  I have a different one I got there in 1995.

It looks like it's from 2004, but I can't read the numbers too well. If I'm not mistaken, this note was first issued in 1999.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived