CoinPeople.com

Jorg's Jug o' Goodies

jlueke

This one was actually shipped to me by mistake. I'm kind of glad I;m not the only one who does that.

Justin I 518-527, Folles, Constantinople

JustinI315.jpg

These were actually supposed to come. Two more Aleandrian Byxnatine coins. I think in the next two weeks I'll also get some more aesthtically pleasing items

This one is the standard Heraclius 6 Nummi type

Heraclius318.jpg

This one is usually attributed to Phocas, 12 Nummi. I may be able to get some more detail with a little microscopic cleaning...

Phocas319.jpg

Two more Alexandrian Byzantine coins, the Heraclius is from the Berk-England sale of 1989. Didn't know those two ever worked together.

JustinI

JustinI320.jpg

Heraclius

Heraclius321.jpg

Also a birth year set from Nepal, made in the USA.

Nepal 1972 Set

This coin doesn't fit any theme I have. But Einstein is one of the few people I truly admire as a person and for what he accomplished and I do like this design.

Einstein.jpg

This is a trial strike from my birth year. Too bad it has been cleaned. Don't they note cleaning as a standard practice in Europe? Tihs wasn't an Ebay purchase but one from a major dealer.

1972 WAS 500 Francs Trial

• 2 weeks later...
Sooo what kind of job do you have to pay for those? Cause they sure are nice! :ninja:

These are all cheap 2 figures only.

Nice coins Jorge. I keep looking into the flames now on your Sassanians...... :ninja:

Out of interest how does the weight of the top decadrachm compare with the real McCoy? It looks to me that the word `copy' could be easily obliterated. It looks a lot more realistic than the one someone tried to foist off on me as the real McCoy a couple of years back.

YES! Gaze into the flames...

42.13 grams, exactly the same. But with all of those these are different in style and also so perfectly struck it would take some work. But, like anythign else, they could be altered to dupe some segment of the population.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One more for my Ancestor set, might have to keep it as a pocket piece for a little while.

Germany1890g.jpg

• 2 weeks later...