CoinPeople.com

Ann Arbor

Hi,

page 30 of the December issue of the Numistmatist had coinpeople.com, with the article from Ann Arbor. A Michael Marotta was mentioned. Does he live in Ann Arbor? I do.

If so, could you contact me please.

THanks

Lev

A Michael Marotta was mentioned. Does he live in Ann Arbor? I do. 

Well, you know, that's funny, because it is the same Michael Marotta who has the "Internet Connections" column in the front of the magazine, month after month. I got over bylines a long time ago. No one cares who you are -- or at least, no one cares who I am. There was one time with a computer magazine when I wrote a pretty tight article and the editor called me because she could not set it to fit the page: it was one line too long. She wanted me to cut one line. "Cut the byline," I told her. "Really??" She'd never had an author do that. There was another time, my wife was working for a local newspaper and I was writing freelance for the local business magazine. She picked up the mail and went to work one night. Sorting out her stuff, she saw the magazine and the envelope with the check. The magazine had my name spelled wrong, but the check was right. The newspaper guys laughed. "That's all that matters!" they said.

Michael

"Call me anything you want.

Just don't call me late for dinner."

Hey, Lev, welcome! Check out some of our other wonderful 'authors' here! As I understand it, several of our folks have had things published.

Anyone interested in actually meeting?

Ann Arbor does not have an active coin club.

My schedule is usually crazy -- whose isn't? -- but if you PM me or email me, perhaps three or four of us can get together in one place at one time. The easiest might be to meet at ANN ARBOR STAMP AND COIN and from there go over to Noodles or Espresso Royale, both in the Arborland shopping center on Washtenaw Road at US-23.

Archived