CoinPeople.com

Hello!

There is Something Near the Back of Neck of The guy

And Also The COin Has Some Stretch Marks

(Look At the two Red Arrows to See The Errors)

gallery_23_3_1387.jpg

gallery_23_3_6317.jpg

Any Guess At What happened?

The COin Shop missed These Problems

And What Would this Error Be Called?

Looks like your coin is a Colombian 10 centavos. And any error collector knows that Colombia is RIDDLED with errors and varieties. Just about every year seems to have an overdate(s). Of which there usually isn't any significant value for them. The die makers and or workers must have been nd are drunk. LOL What you have there is what appears as a DIE CLASH. That is where the dies come together to strike a coin with out a planchet (blank) inbetween. Thus the two dies strike each other and leave some of thiere impressions on the other die....ie 1970 lincoln cents are notorious for this, thus creating the term "jail cents". Where Lincoln look llike he behind bars. I have one of these and I'll see if I can dig it up and take a pic of it. Although bear in mind I am only on coin 50 of 1300 to be photographed. LOL LONG process for the quality of pics I am going for. Already filled one CD...starting CD#2. LOL

As for flow lines, that is what happens when a planchet (blank) is struck by the dies. The planchet is technically a tad smaller than an actual coin of that denomination. and think of playdough or clay. Make a small ball with it. now squash it. the way that clay moves is not unlike how metal moves. Thus when a blank is struck by the dies, the metal of the planchet has to flow somewhere. And it does. Outward from the center. Thus an unc coin struck with a LOT of flow lines radiating from the center would give you a cartwheel (or sunburst) effect (which is something to look for in your Morgan dollars when you buy uncs).

Clash mark(s):Elements of designs from the opposite side of a coin which is the result of coin dies clashing into one another when no planchet is present during the striking process.

Clash mark(s):Elements of designs from the opposite side of a coin which is the result of coin dies clashing into one another when no planchet is present during the striking process.

So In Other Words i Can Say that this Coin Is An Error Coin Called A Die Clash?

So In Other Words i Can Say that this Coin Is An Error Coin Called A Die Clash?

I would say yes. I would call it a clashed die. 50 centavos / 10 centavos. LOL potAtoe pOtatOe. LOL Atleast I got the country correct from just looking at the rulers head. :ninja:

On another note, I didn't gain much ground on pics yesterday. I even forgot to look for that lincoln cent (jail cent). If you like errors, look at my posts and find the one that I put in 5 images I think. The last image is of several lincoln cents that all have clips. I got 2 300 count boxes full of errors as I call them, clips broad strikes, capped die cents, etc. I'll make a note and try to get around to a project of creating a Forum on here showing a different form of an error with an explanation as best as I can explain. LOL Which as you guys can tell by now that my grammar sucks and I'm long winded. LOL