CoinPeople.com

Type Set Wants

Seeing as I been somewhat working on a type set lately, I'm wanting to really focus on it.

I'd like the coins in at least VF condition. The more modern the coin the higher the grade I want. Stuff like silver Washington's, Roosie's, etc should be MS+. I'd like the copper coins to have none to very little corrosion.

Half Cents

Draped Bust -

Classic Head -

Coronet -

Large Cents

Draped Bust -

Classic Head -

Coronet - Purchased. Thanks to jtryka.

Coronet Braided - Purchased 1853 in VG today

Small Cents

Flying Eagle -

Indian Head 1859 Laurel Wreath -

Indian Head Copper-Nickel -

Indian Head Bronze - Would like MS condition

Lincoln Head 1909 VDB - Purchased in MS. Thanks to LostDutchman.

2 Cent -

3 Cent

Silver -

Nickel -

Half Dimes

Capped Bust -

Liberty Seated -

Liberty Seated Arrows -

Liberty Seated Legend -

Nickels

Shield Rays -

Shield No Rays -

Liberty Head No Cents - AU-MS

Liberty Head Cents - Looking to upgrade from G/VG.

Buffalo Type 1 - MS please

Buffalo Type 2 - Purchased in MS.

Jefferson Silver - Looking to upgrade from EF

Dimes

Caopped Bust -

Liberty Seated Stars -

Liberty Seated Arrows -

Liberty Seated Legend - Looking to upgrade from...uh....AG/G

Liberty Head - Purchased today in Fine condition

Roosevelt Silver - Purchased. Thanks to jtryka.

20 Cent Piece

Quarters

Capped Bust -

Liberty Seated No Motto -

Liberty Seated Arrows -

Liberty Seated Motto-

Barber -

Liberty Standing Type 1 -

Washington Silver - Purchased. Thanks to jtryka.

Half Dollars

Capped Bust Lettered Edge -

Capped Bust Reeded Edge -

Liberty Seated Arrows -

Liberty Seated Motto-

Franklin - Looking for upgrade from EF/AU

Dollars

Liberty Seated Motto-

Trade -

Peace - Would like MS condition

Commem Half/Dollar

Purchases one half.

Need 1 dollar and 3 half.

I know there are a lot of dates but I've only been working on it for a few months. This will take me years but I can deal with it.

Always looking for Morgans and SAE's. Also add cheap junk coins from the 1800's and those nasty coins you dug from the ground. Add the Britannia silver bullion coins as well. Silver at bullion price I'm interested in as well.

Good luck with your set. Patience is an important part of the mix. You've got a good attitude about it. Enjoy!

(Sorry - I don't have anything at the moment. I'll keep you in mind.)

• 2 weeks later...
Good luck with your set. Patience is an important part of the mix. You've got a good attitude about it. Enjoy! 

Thanks Art! It's coming along quite nicely. The quality of the coins I currently have (and those in the mail) are better then I hoped for. Right now my Morgan is highlight of the set. It even amazed my non-collecting girlfriend :ninja:

Updated a few of those. Still looking and buying of course.

What grades you looking for?

For the more expensive and older coins, just something that looks nice. Maybe VG-F. Depending on which coin it is and how much I like the type.

Something like this or that would be acceptable for the more expensive and hard to find types.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Burks, I am planning on buying an original BU roll of 1923 peace dollars at my coin club meeting tonight, after I look at them I may send some off to be graded, but others I might sell off individually. From what I've seen, these are super nice original coins, so I'll keep your desire for a BU peace dollar for that slot in mind when I decide what to do with them.

Looks like good progress. This is not an easy set to complete. :ninja:

Thanks for the comment Art :lol:

Burks, I am planning on buying an original BU roll of 1923 peace dollars at my coin club meeting tonight, after I look at them I may send some off to be graded, but others I might sell off individually.  From what I've seen, these are super nice original coins, so I'll keep your desire for a BU peace dollar for that slot in mind when I decide what to do with them.

Don't forget to check for varieties as well. Wouldn't want to miss one of those Top 50 or whatever they are (sorry, don't deal with Peace dollars often).

Thanks for keeping me in mind as well. I look forward to the results.

I've got the 3 cent nickel (1866) and two 1859 indians sitting around. They are nothing to be excited about, but still neat lookin coins.

coins.jpg

coins_001.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I may have some of the things you're looking for. At anyrate I know where to get nearly everything you need..depends on your budget though, but my dealer offers good prices. Anyway, I'll get some stuff posted tomorrow if I can.

Later

Seeing as I been somewhat working on a type set lately, I'm wanting to really focus on it.

I'd like the coins in at least VF condition. The more modern the coin the higher the grade I want. Stuff like silver Washington's, Roosie's, etc should be MS+. I'd like the copper coins to have none to very little corrosion.

Large Cents

Coronet Braided - Purchased 1853 in VG today

3 Cent

Nickel -

Dimes

Caopped Bust -

Quarters

Liberty Seated -

Barber -

Liberty Standing Type 1 -I ONLY HAVE TYPE 2 HERE(I can probably get a F/Vf type 1 for about 30-35 though on friday if you wanted it.)

Half Dollars

Capped Bust Lettered Edge -

Liberty Seated Motto-

Dollars

Peace - Would like MS condition

I've got a few things above, not in the best of shape on some of the older things though. Have a look at the photos and PM a price you're willing to pay if you want anything here. I also like to work on trades, so keep that in mind if interested!

See pics below:

117cv8w.jpg

117cvih.jpg

117cvtj.jpg

117cw1x.jpg

117cwap.jpg

117cxo7.jpg

117cyhh.jpg That one is an overdate 24/2

That 1809 half is nice, but the lighting isn't quite enough for an accurate attribution.

How are these?

11m3odf.jpg

11m3og8.jpg

11m3ols.jpg

11m3pxu.jpg

Hmmm, I might wanna have a shot at some of those too, Vfox...

But, Burks has first shot, as it's his thread.......

Burks said he only wanted to see the peace dollar, so everything else is up for grabs.

Yes I am selling it, and I will try and get some more shots in better lighting up tonight.

Archived