CoinPeople.com

Cute Mouthless Kitten in Silver and Gold

tabbs

Most of these Kitty coins were supposed to be sold in Japan

They are on ebay germany constantly going high prices whilst Lance Armstrong

is still on winning the Tour for week after week after week but going low prices

Looks like all the Lance coins were bought by germans to start with

Almost embarassing to admit but I'd like to own those, at least the silver. However, until the prices come down I'll have to console myself with just a Hello Kitty clipboard.

clipboard.jpg

Did you know she has no mouth beacuse she speaks from the heart in no particular language?

Almost embarassing to admit but I'd like to own those, at least the silver.  However, until the prices come down I'll have to console myself with just a Hello Kitty clipboard.

Did you know she has no mouth beacuse she speaks from the heart in no particular language?

:ninja: But hey, I do own a batch of such plushees somewhere I believe :cry:

Yes you do know it very well JamminJ! Well done! ;)

Alternatively, if you are into the Hello Kitty goods, here is one mint set produced by Japan back in 2004, http://www.mint.go.jp/eng/coin/page07-9_e.html :lol:

Man, am I "into" Hello Kitty goods? That's a scary thought.

I was outbid today on the Flying Over Paris, but it looked a bit hazy from the photo. There is a guy selling the three silvers with BINs... :ninja:

I can't believe I'm stating this openly on a public forum.

Hello Kitty in Hawaii, Hello Kitty in NY, Hello Kitty in blah blah blah.

nah. that's how they're gonna market the presidential dollar coins. hello kitty with george washington, hello kitty with abe lincoln, and hello kitty with richard nixon!

• 1 month later...

I couldn't resist any longer, and even slabbed them:

Kittyslabs.jpg

Even more disturbing is I bought multiples of each to get at high grade keeper of each design. :ninja:

Yeah, I just checked eBay Germany - 22 items under "Hello Kitty" in the category "Muenzen" - the silver ones all for sale in three coin sets - not my kind of coin but I know someone who would love them....... :ninja:

Yes somhow or other ebay Germany seems to be the main outlet for all the Monnaie de Paris coins

The Kitty series was supposed to be largely for Japanese buyers

Lance Armstrong is still winning last years Tours de France

This was a 2400 coin series and I think I have seen about 200 sell

on ebay germany and they are still selling them

You're very funny :ninja: I thought I was bad, buying a Hutt River "coin" - these are at least cute. My husband thinks this kind of thing is crazy - he always made me remove the tags from any Beenie Babies I got.

I may bid on the the kittens if the dollar weakens further against the Euro; if I use German funds they don't seem so pricey in dollar terms (this is called Rationalizing the Irrational).

Archived