CoinPeople.com

Embryos, Blood Cells on Banknotes Horrify Swiss

Tiffibunny

I guess I would have to see it before I could comment specifically. But just on the theme, I would not criticize it. The facade of one of the new buildings of the biology department at the University campus here has a cellular theme. I think it looks quite neat. Will have to take a photo of it sometime.

I guess I would have to see it before I could comment specifically.

Now that's easy. :ninja:

http://www.snb.ch/e/banknoten/noten.html?f...ontent_neu.html

To view the winning design, click on "Krebs Manuel, Zurich". Well, I like the current series better, but I don't see anything "horrifying" in the new designs.

Christian

Now that's easy. :ninja:

To view the winning design, click on "Krebs Manuel, Zurich". Well, I like the current series better, but I don't see anything "horrifying" in the new designs.

Christian

That's an embryo? Looks like a baked potato to me.

Now that's easy. ;)

Christian

Thanks Christian! ;)

I actually like that 10-note! The fronts of the notes are fairly uniform, but I find the back s to be somewhat un-uniform, (for lack of a better term. :ninja: ) I do not really like them or hate them. If the backs were more like the 10 note thematically, then I would find them more appealing.

Maybe the big gray blob on the 100 fr note designed by Manuel Krebs is the embryo, and the small watermark-type thing on the 200 fr note is the baked potato? :ninja: As for the series not having a uniform appearance, well, the six themes and some design elements (four languages, security features) were given and had to be observed. Interesting that the coherent designs is what the chair of the jury, Jean-Christophe Ammann, actually praised in what he wrote about the Krebs suggestions: "The sense of cohesion in this homogenous series is very strong, with the themes moving from the microscopic to the astronomical (from red blood cells to the universe)" ...

The final notes will most probably look somewhat different anyway. The Swiss central bank plans to introduce them by/in 2010. And according to what Roland Tornare writes in one of the statements, "It is quite possible that more than one designer will be asked to further develop one of the banknotes. After evaluating their submissions, a decision will then be made as to which designer will be chosen to develop the entire series."

Christian

Archived