Sir Sisu

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank god you haven't started on the 19th century Sisu! :ninja:

I know there are too many difficult coins to collect and this is one as well:

901677.jpg

The only silver crown issued by Korea for circulation. Actually there is another crown after this, which is a 1 hwan coin, but most of them were melted down and it is said that only 77 of such survived.

Thank god you haven't started on the 19th century Sisu! :ninja:

I know there are too many difficult coins to collect and this is one as well:

The only silver crown issued by Korea for circulation. Actually there is another crown after this, which is a 1 hwan coin, but most of them were melted down and it is said that only 77 of such survived.

Oh, I hope to one day focus on the 19th century. I have picked one up here and there that belongs to that century.

Such rare coins as the ones you mention however, would not be on my target list. If you notice my current want list, at the bottom I have left out the more rare pieces altogether. Maybe if I hit the lottery. ;)

I won this one on eBay in the first week of December. By New Year I still had not received it. I won another auction from the same seller and received that in a couple of weeks. So I had given this one up as lost, but it finally came today. :ninja:

BIG and silver!

1966Bahamas5dollarsF.jpg

1966Bahamas5dollarsB.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

After having purchased and received some of the coins on my original list, I have decided to define the coins more narrowly, which means that a fair number of the coins on my list will be removed -some of which I have already purchased.

The main change is defining the coin size more narrowly. I originally went with silver coins weighing 20g or higher. Now I will define it between 23g-35g. This is mainly to get the size (diameter) as uniform as possible, i.e. Crown size. Some of the 20g coins that I have purchased are considerable smaller than most of the others. Then there is the Bahamas 5 dollars (pictured above) that is considerable larger. I want the coins to be as near the common crown size as possible. Ideally I would define the coins by size and not by weight, but I am working with the Krause in drawing up my list, and it only lists weight and not diameter.

One country's coins that fit my requirements but do not have the ideal diameter is Hungary. The 1938 5 Pengo weighs 25g but since it is thick, the diameter is consequently smaller than a crown.

I was about to keep the higher end at 30g, but decided to stretch it to allow for bullion coins, most of which are over 30g.

For anyone interested I made a new list showing which coins that I have decide to remove from my crown type set list. I have indented the coins into the middle of the page and made the color greenish(aqua). Any comments/questions are more than welcome. :ninja:

Revised List

Archived