CoinPeople.com

German States - Hamburg

Tiffibunny

Great stuff Tiff, I checked them all out (the 1913 German States, Prussia, 3 Mark, Defeat of Napoleon is particularly eye-catching). Without sending me to the history books (and tolerating my ignorance)...from a collection standpoint...how many German states are there for the period and how easy / difficult is it to assemble a series?

Great stuff Tiff, I checked them all out (the 1913 German States, Prussia, 3 Mark, Defeat of Napoleon is particularly eye-catching).  Without sending me to the history books (and tolerating my ignorance)...from a collection standpoint...how many German states are there for the period and how easy / difficult is it to assemble a series?

I'll go grab the book and list them a bit later. As far as assembling a series, do you mean one from each state, or...? That I would think wouldn't be too tough. But if you're talking about a series of one state or all, that would be difficult.

• 1 month later...

906087.jpg

1726 German States 2 Schilling

906086.jpg

1727 German States Hamburg 8 Schilling

906104.jpg

1738 German States Hamburg Schilling

905936.jpg

1809 German States Hamburg 32 Schilling

906139.jpg

1840 German States Hamburg 1 Schilling

905864.jpg

1907-J German States Hamburg 2 Marks

• 3 months later...

Great stuff all. I especially like that gold piece that akdrv showed us.

(Of course coppers will always have my heart).

Here's one of mine. A Species Taler of 48 schillings from Hamburg dated 1764,  by mint master Otto Heinrich Knorre (the OHK in the exergue reverse).

Cool piece I expect to add to my Hamburg collection over time. My grandfather was a sailor out of there Hamburg-Sud Amerika Linie before the war. My grandmothers family came from that area as well. That personal connection along with the city having been around a long time with available coinage makes it a good target for a collection.

That schilling piece was only $5 too, what a deal. I think I have to reshoot it against a black background though.

• 1 year later...

Archived