bobbycoin

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got my star spangled banner commemoratives today. they are pretty

Way to go. :bthumbsup: I find the coin very tempting but have been trying to keep my collecting efforts focused on my main priorities. Modern commems aren't one of them.

I understand that Art. The commemoratives have always had a soft spot in my heart. And when I buy them they deplete my monthly expenditures on other coins

I can certainly understand that. When I first returned to collecting after my last collection sell-off I wanted to pickup the current "modern" commems from that time forward 1983, and start the classics with a Commemorative type set. Things happened and I got Commemorative discouraged in a little bit of time and whalla --- only a few stragglers remain.

Got an interesting offer to refinance my home at 3.5 points over what I'm paying now. Dang if only I could recognize a good deal when I see it. :shock:

• 1 month later...

Here is another one I picked up from the post office today, this one is interesting in that it's a common die marriage, but early enough that the key diagnostic (a die defect on the N in United on the reverse) was not yet present when this one was stuck, which potentially makes this the O-107 "Prime" variety, which is considerably rarer. It was also struck about 5% off center, which after looking at a number of this marriage, is not uncommon.

1005504.jpg

Here is another one I picked up from the post office today, this one is interesting in that it's a common die marriage, but early enough that the key diagnostic (a die defect on the N in United on the reverse) was not yet present when this one was stuck, which potentially makes this the O-107 "Prime" variety, which is considerably rarer. It was also struck about 5% off center, which after looking at a number of this marriage, is not uncommon.

1005504.jpg

Very nice half. Someday I will be needing to get one of these puppies for my type set.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my snail mail special for today. I'm excited.

7223836418_b64b93b376_n.jpg

Hasse Extension Tubes by UGotaHaveArt, on Flickr