CoinPeople.com
Sign in to follow this  
LostDutchman

1893 Chicago Worlds Fair Treasury Department

Guest Stujoe

I am sure I have one of these so they can't be worth too much! :ninja: I got it handed down from my Gradfather, though, so I don't know the value. It is a pretty neat souveneir of the exposition.

Here is a site with some info (way down the page):

http://www.the-forum.com/collect/wf93souv.htm

They list a value of $75 but that would shock me and it is probably not a value for coin collectors. ;) The descriptiuon kind of runs into another item so that $75 might not even be for the Treasury one.

Here is what looks like it may be a decent one that is so far unbid at $20 after a week on the Bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Antique-Columbia-Expos...1QQcmdZViewItem

Guest Stujoe

No problem. There is quite a market for Columbian stuff in some areas of the country. At the New Silver Dollar show here a couple of years ago, one of the major collectors of it (a quite older gentleman) was there signing books. There was a lot of numismatic 'stuff' that came out of the Columbian Exposition.

There were a lot of different small souvenirs given out or sold at the Columbian exposition (1892-92 Chicago) by companies and govt. entities. I've got a watch fob, pocket watch case opener from it and have seen other small items.