CoinPeople.com

Swiss Shooting Medals

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you happen to see the first medal of the list? Not only is it engraved by Holy Freres but it also has a Swiss Miss as you describe.

And the only reason I didn't grab it is because I already own one. (Rod's price is very fair too, I paid more from a European seller.)

Bronze medal issued in 1898 for the shooting fest. at Neuchatel. In need of a little conservation work, but nothing that detracts from the medal.

974939.jpg

Loverly high relief and contrast on that particular medal. PLMK how you conserve this, I have a WWII Death Penny that needs some similar conservation.

These are truly beautiful. Are all of these in your collection, or are they just images of ones that you especially like?

Every image I post is of a coin or medal that I actually own, and when I finish raking and bagging leaves today I may photograph a few new ones. Energy permitting... :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
1920 Zofingen (Aargau)

Richter # 37

28mm Silver

Huguenin

150 minted

UNC

zofingen-1.jpg

About as nice as you could ever hope to find.

You, you, {insert expletive herein} Wowza, your lucky you got your paws on that before I got my snarfy paws on it first :ninja:

edit to add I love the depth in this piece, coupled with the lovely feminine visage. The patterned background behind her also makes for an interesting contrast.

...I love the depth in this piece, coupled with the lovely feminine visage. The patterned background behind her also makes for an interesting contrast.

The depth of this medal is quite amazing, and it was an absolute joy to photograph. And as you are learning when they become available one must strike while the chance is there.

Love the new avatar and screen name. Free Ireland too...

1909 Winterthur (Zurich)

Richter # 1801

23mm Silver

Hans Frei

78 minted (RR)

EF

winterthur-1.jpg

winterthur-2.jpg

One of the most beautiful Schutzenfest medal obverses I have ever seen coupled with an uninspired reverse design.

You (insert obligatory expletive again) bought that before I saw it, the other one was cleaned and just too bright for my likes. But my my my I love that design, that is the epitome of expressionism, with a very passionate feel to it what with Artemis and her quiver, the Lion. A wonderous tie into ancient mythology and depth coupled with a degree of modernism.

You (insert obligatory expletive again) bought that before I saw it, the other one was cleaned and just too bright for my likes. But my my my I love that design, that is the epitome of expressionism, with a very passionate feel to it what with Artemis and her quiver, the Lion. A wonderous tie into ancient mythology and depth coupled with a degree of modernism.

I'm a bad, bad boy... :ninja:

I am seriously thinking of buying the cleaned Winterthur medal, but only if you are absolutely, positively sure you don't want it.

It would be cool to have two medals out of a possible 78. And I love the obverse design too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello and I hope everyone had a great Holiday!

I should have a few new medals added to inventory this week, please visit the site if you are interested.

HiHo,

I caught the mistake after looking at the pictures in my office. I came online to see that you made note of it but before I could make the correction. That is what I get for 'measuring once' as they say. :ninja: Quite embarrassing but I did communicate to Texascoins regarding the mistake.

Happy New Year to all.