CoinPeople.com

DE: German States €2 Coin Series

tabbs

The guy who had the whole Euro idea was a coin collector right?! "How can I make my collecting easier and more interesting"

Who knows. :ninja: Of course, "world" collectors were not exactly enthusiastic because of the higher degree of "uniformity" that the euro cash brought. On the other hand, the introduction of an entirely new common currency in several countries sure got quite a few into colleting coins who had never done that before. Some gave that up after a while, others still do it. Currently you can even buy the new Malta euro set at Germany's biggest coffee store chain.

These €2 commems are particularly attractive (in general, not the Hamburg coins ;) ) because, like the circulation coins, they can be used anywhere in the currency union. The silver and gold coins issued by most euro countries, however, are just "regional money": They are legal tender in the issuing member state only, often with odd denominations, and while some are nicely designed, they never or hardly ever circulate. Now a Monaco or Vatican €2 commem you won't find in circulation either, but you could at least use/spend it like any regular euro coin.

Oh, and I'd be interested in getting hold of these coins so far, if you still have any available.

Hmm, I have hardly any left, but watch your PM inbox ...

Christian

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived