CoinPeople.com

Banknotebank - Country selections

Ngdawa

Hi!
I reckon it's time to add more countries and territories to the list, so I don't have to choose "Unknown" a little now and then.

Countries I find lacking are:

Europe: Czechoslovakia, Faroe Islands, Greenland, Kosovo, Soviet Union

Asia: Abkhazia, Korea^, (Portuguese/East) Timor, Tannu Tuva, Tatarstan

Africa: Rep. Congo*, DR Congo, Mayotte, Réunion, Somaliland, South Sudan

Australia, Oceania: New Caledonia

Caribbean: Montserrat

South America: Antarctica(?), Easter Island(?)

^Banknotes issued before Korea split in two, should I add them as South or North?

*Now both Congos (Republic of the Congo, and Democratic Republic of the Congo) are mashed together as "Congo". This, I reckon, is incorrect.

Any other countries/territories that you're missing?

I have have most of them. For example, I've put Czechoslovakia under Czech Republic, even though I first planned to add the notes with Czech text under Czech Republic, and the ones with Slovak text under Slovakia, but in the end I decided to put them all together.

It's really unconsistent, since Yugoslavia exist in the list. But not Czechoslovakia and Soviet Union.

I don't like having Faroese notes under Denmark and South Sudanese notes under Sudan. Hopefully this can be fixed soon. 😊

Add as many to the list as you want! I'd definitely separate Czechia (the new name) from Slovakia and Czech Republic. Good luck with South Sudan! Do they even have a currency yet?

2 hours ago, thedeadpoint said:

Add as many to the list as you want! I'd definitely separate Czechia (the new name) from Slovakia and Czech Republic.

You mean separate Czechoslovakia from Czech Republic (or Czechia if you so prefer) and Slovakia.

About the name Czechia: It's not really about a name change per se. It more than Czech Republic is the formal name, and now they want a more informal name. E.g. No one is talking about The Hellenic Republic in everyday speech. We simply say Greece.

2 hours ago, thedeadpoint said:

Good luck with South Sudan! Do they even have a currency yet?

Seriously? They've had their own curreny since 2011. I have full set of the 2011 series of 0.05-100 Pounds. Last year a new 500 Pounds were released.