CoinPeople.com

Token Question

The local historical group may have some info, Business directories form the area. Baker City Oregon. Try googling Baker city Oregon lots of info. Was a mining area  for gold. 12 1/2 ¢ was the change for a bucket of beer, or so I have been told. I you wanted real money you had to ask. It was one way of keeping ypu either to stay and drink there or come back to the establishment.

• 1 month later...
On 12/17/2018 at 2:54 AM, Circus said:

The local historical group may have some info, Business directories form the area. Baker City Oregon. Try googling Baker city Oregon lots of info. Was a mining area  for gold. 12 1/2 ¢ was the change for a bucket of beer, or so I have been told. I you wanted real money you had to ask. It was one way of keeping ypu either to stay and drink there or come back to the establishment.

I am interested in this information beacuse i grew up in baker city and still currently live here. But when i was looking up the information about this, i found plenty of information about the token era. But i can not find anything about this specific token.

Well then you may never know any thing more, Other than spending time at the local library or histroical group looking thru the old city directories for the name on the token. You may never find any more info. When that happens it is called a maverick token. Some times unless the owner of the biz kept a bag or box of tokens and their heirs sold them and passed information along with them. It may just require you to put in the time researching the item