CoinPeople.com
Sign in to follow this  
W&H

Julio Kilenyi

One from a few very worthy medalists, who did not participate in issues of Society of Medalists, was Julio Kilenyi.

I agree with opinion that Kilenyi produced many 'commercial' medals without 'art-soul'. But... Look self.

S1.thumb.jpg.df17585336bb7cdd6636761df4ee6edd.jpg

S2.thumb.jpg.d15c21c9d74c02da4babf884ab4f7888.jpg

Ladies from Kilenyi medals.

Distinctive style had given cause for reasons to think about real author ‘New York World's Fair Special Award of Merit Plaquette’ (1940).

1923.jpg

1924.jpg

A few days ago I became the happy owner Thomas A. Buckner 40th Anniversary Medal (1920). I could not find information about author before, but I was sure it was Kilenyi. Now I know true. Kilenyi! The name into circle, under shoulder.

Buckner1.jpg

I met  information once, author 'SPRINGFIELD, MA 300TH ANNIVERSARY BRONZE MEDALLION 1636-1936 (William Pynchon) - Joseph Kiselewski. Kilenyi often used signature 'JK'. Kiselewski medal 'World Peace' 1945 (SoM 33) was signed 'JK'.
Have some opinions?

SM1.jpg

We know Kilenyi from 1907 to 1916 was in Argentina. Probably,  phrase 'Style of Julio Kilenyi' misleading rather. No?

Woodrow Wilson First Inaugural Medal, 1913.
Federal Reserve Banks Establishment Medal, 1914.

Wilson1913.jpg

Wilson1914.jpg

On 11/18/2018 at 2:50 PM, W&H said:

We know Kilenyi from 1907 to 1916 was in Argentina. Probably,  phrase 'Style of Julio Kilenyi' misleading rather. No?

Woodrow Wilson First Inaugural Medal, 1913.
Federal Reserve Banks Establishment Medal, 1914.

Wilson1913.jpg

Wilson1914.jpg

Kilenyi-Swanson.jpg

In 1916 Kilenyi was 28 years, Swanson - 25. According biography in 1913 Kilenyi was in Argentina. Question - may be they (or Swanson one, becouse K. was in another country) was very young to have the order for inauguration medal?