CoinPeople.com

Junk Silver Fun...

wabnoles

Well it's been a long time since I have posted here, primarily because my coin collectin' was taking a back seat to other interests. Back into the swing of things now. I am a chronic junk silver and junk coin bucket junkie.

A couple successes in the junk silver bucket: 1805 Draped Bust Dime and 1814 Capped Bust Dime.

Some successes in the 5 for $1 bin: three silver Panama Medio Balboas; 1840 British India Silver Rupee; two Austrian silver florins; 1905 Bavarian 2 marks; silver US 3 cent piece 1850s, etc. I love it when I walk into a shop and they tell me "yeah but its just some foreign coins..." lol

All coins are safely ensconced in the safe deposit box.

I would say the draped bust dime is probably in the low G range. The date is readable on it tho and it is in recognizable condition as a dime... there was an 1805 bust dime in garbage condition, worse than the one I have, that sold for $100 and that was the lowest that this coin has sold for on ebay. The other one is a little better condition but would not put it out of the G range, but again readable date, etc. Did not recall the value of it but certainly worth more than the $1.40 I paid for it lol. I'm just gonna hang onto them tho. Not hard up for cash at the moment.

Congrats! I have to say on the flip side, I kind of feel sorry for those who are selling to that dealer, since a dealer who's giving stuff away would have almost certainly bought for even less, and when the time comes, I would hope that my collection has a better fate than that.

Yeah I mean I would feel bad if its some grandmother or someone selling off a deceased family member's estate, etc. But if it's a professional dealer, it's fair game. I mean they see the coins I am buying because they put em a baggy for me.