• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41005911405_06bb162eff_z.jpg
27036529337_02af0d1337_z.jpg
copper version
27036529567_57fb1db991_z.jpg
41005911615_c6780a5887_z.jpg
brass version
For those that may not know,Meijer's is a Michigan based/midwest WallyWorld.
They have a coin-op pony ride in each of their stores. it costs a penny, don't know if they still give out the tokens to the kids.

On 8/15/2018 at 5:41 AM, Circus said:

Before the name change

I didn't even know there was a name change.  Haven't been to the Ford Museum/Greenfield Village in close to 40 years.

its called "the Ford" now They made the change so it would be more culturally relevant. To the youngens, with Imax ,Thomas the tank engine running on the railroad along with the other traveling museum shows they book. They had one hell of an auction a couple years ago. As the head CEO said we don't need one of every make of steam tractor just one examle. The gutted a whole bunch of Henry's collections he probably is still spinning at 90 miles an in his grave!

17 hours ago, Circus said:

its called "the Ford" now They made the change so it would be more culturally relevant. To the youngens, with Imax ,Thomas the tank engine running on the railroad along with the other traveling museum shows they book. They had one hell of an auction a couple years ago. As the head CEO said we don't need one of every make of steam tractor just one examle. The gutted a whole bunch of Henry's collections he probably is still spinning at 90 miles an in his grave!

I hope they left the locomotive collection alone!

On 8/22/2018 at 5:44 AM, Circus said:

I have no idea since it has been almost as long for me too. and they jacked up the admission to take a loan level

Well, for the bells and whistles tickets.  $40 for the museum and village isn't grotesquely out of line, at least IMO.  You'll pay at least $45 to get into Cedar Point or King's Island, and that's before the $20 for parking.