CoinPeople.com

Hesselgesser

DAJ

Greetings - I see coins for sale for the Hesselgesser collection. Does anyone know about this guy and his collection or have any direct experience. I have seen some novodels from that collection posted at a very high price. Thoughts or observations welcome. Best and thanks. Dwight

That's Dr. Hesselgesser. He collected very nice Russian coins in the 1990th. After that they were auctioned off by Superior Galleries and Goldberg Coin Auctions. It took about 5 years to auction them off. There were many novodels in the mix. Most were slabbed with his name on it. Where did you see the latest offering?

Hi Dwight,

Link for one part of Dr.Hesselgesser collection at Goldberg sale with price realized : http://images.goldbergauctions.com/php/chap_auc.php?site=1&lang=1&sale=31&chapter=46&page=1

Can you be more specific,because some Novodels you can find on the market every year/month or very rare (Pattern Novodel 2 Kopeks, 1802-SPB,Novodel 10 Rubles in 20 Rubles weight, 1802-SPB...)

and not possible to find.

Rarenum

• 3 weeks later...

Ho. Thanks for the responses and pardon my late response. I have been away.. There is a 1757 Hesselgesser kopeck on Ebay now going for $1050. I guess the Hesselgesser label enhances the pedigree of the coin along with other factors. Perhaps I am missing something but it seems odd that novodels are included in coin reference catalogs. I think I own the cSuperior catalog referenced above. Thanks for that link. Best. Dwight