CoinPeople.com

Latest batch of tokens

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, now I want to dig through my stuff and see if I can find those old Community Traction ride tokens I know I used to have, from my home town.

You won't get rich as most of them had so many minted they will range in price from .25 too a couple of bucks. but they do hold a lot of history. Unfortanately for my the bus company in Detroit used cash only and paper transfers when I was riding the bus to school and we hard bus pass cards.

I've never heard of the VFW National Home. Looks like it is/was a good cause.

Back in the day before welfare and the encouragement and payment for single motherhood. They had a lot of groups that took care of their own members orphaned children.

You won't get rich as most of them had so many minted they will range in price from .25 too a couple of bucks. but they do hold a lot of history. Unfortanately for my the bus company in Detroit used cash only and paper transfers when I was riding the bus to school and we hard bus pass cards.

I don't collect for the rich. I collect for the 'ooo, neat'. :D

I also have already gone right out on eBay and purchased one regular Community Traction token, and one for use by students. The regular ones have a T for Toledo, the student ones an S for School (or Student). There's an older style, but I haven't seen one I liked yet. Total cost for both, about two bucks.

I'm starting to think it might be neat to have a set of tokens with those letter forms -- I wonder if all 26 letters are represented?

Here are a couple that came in a batch trade
FullSizeRender%2028_6.jpg
FullSizeRender%2025_5.jpg
French health water token
FullSizeRender%2026_5.jpg
Spanish astrologist
All though not a token this also was in the lot, Borden's dairy second hundred years key tag or zipper pulls. I don't think they made it as the local Borden's Plant was sold years ago and the name changed.
FullSizeRender%2027_4.jpg

Okay, my first two tokens have arrived (I though I'd ordered the Toledo 'school' token, but I hadn't, it was the older Community Traction token with a simple hole... so I promptly ordered the 'school' token from another seller...). It's all downhill from here, isn't it?

Looks like the difficult letters are the ones you'd expect -- at least on eBay, I haven't seen any Qs, Xs or Zs, but that hardly constitutes an exhaustive search. There's one with a good + that could pass for an x if it's rotated 45°... is it too soon to start cheating? :D

I used to know about a few websites that specialized in transportation tokens but no longer remember the names. I'll do some searches later.