CoinPeople.com

Another local antique/coin shop restocking after a move.

FullSizeRender%2066.jpg
Does anybody no what the cursive lettering means?
FullSizeRender%2047.jpg
apothecaries weight,equivalent to 60 grains or one eighth of an ounce. it is to bad that somebody made a mess of the one side, but for the cost on it can see if I can remove most of the scratches.
FullSizeRender%2055.jpg
One of the state series that was sold years ago.

Have to make a correction on the last post, it has been brought to my attention that the above two items. "These are commemorative half dollars, coins, legal tender, produced by the U.S. Mint. These coins are listed in the Red Book and other coin price guides." "Not only that but the Columbian you have is the very first date coin in the Classic Silver Commemorative series and the Washington-Carver is one of the very last of the 50 types produced." Not being a coin collector I had no idea that they were anything other than tokens let alone silver legal tender commemorative's. learn something new almost every day on these forums.

Have to make a correction on the last post, it has been brought to my attention that the above two items. "These are commemorative half dollars, coins, legal tender, produced by the U.S. Mint. These coins are listed in the Red Book and other coin price guides." "Not only that but the Columbian you have is the very first date coin in the Classic Silver Commemorative series and the Washington-Carver is one of the very last of the 50 types produced." Not being a coin collector I had no idea that they were anything other than tokens let alone silver legal tender commemorative's. learn something new almost every day on these forums.

A couple of so called half dollars!

FullSizeRender%2026_1.jpg

FullSizeRender%2025_1.jpg

FullSizeRender%2021_1.jpg

FullSizeRender%2031_1.jpg

Welcome to coin collecting! :P Two great coins that every US collector owns.

I haven't kept track of them but off the top of my head better than 15 and 4 countries. With the tax tokens, transit tokens more than 23. I was planing on labeling the pages by stat when I put the safeties in the archive 2x2 pages.

For the older crowd, do you you remember the show?
FullSizeRender%2040.jpg
same both sides
FullSizeRender%2045.jpg
FullSizeRender%2042.jpg
another older one when the burger king wasn't a creepy plastic guy in their commercials.

I had no idea there were something other than tokens when I bought them. In elementary school the Nun would assign me to do reports on the people of color, she said at a parent teachers conference that it was because my parents didn't object to me doing them. I always thought that GW Carver was was an interesting farm type researcher. And Booker T was an interesting person.

FullSizeRender%2044.jpg
FullSizeRender%2036.jpg
FullSizeRender%2028.jpg
FullSizeRender%2030.jpg

I bet these are even hand stamped

It doesn't appear to be as both sides are the same and stamping by hand would have some variation in the depth and position of the letters and the occasional show thru on the opposite side. All the lettering lines upand the number of them needed as a gaming chip, would make the cost prohibited.