CoinPeople.com

Islamic State (IS or ISIS or Daesh) Coins

Deepak

ISIS have minted their coins and said that they will circulate it through out their territory, whether that is achievable, I seriously doubt it, but if one of these coins get on Ebay or other websites, how much would people be prepared to pay for it to add to their coin collection?

islamic-state-coin_3351547b.jpg

ISIS-coins-Merged.jpg

Is it because of moral issues or the lack of interest in collecting them?

Moral issues for sure.

I always wondered if people were interested in them, how much would they pay for it?, that's if Ebay or other sites allow it.

Also if someone finds an Islamic State coin on the street (an unlikely scenario, but there have been terrorists coming back to the west from ISIS territories), what would you do?

I don't doubt that people will pay a great deal for them but I suspect that they will soon be taken down from eBay, the same way that IS flags have been.

If I was offered the chance I would not purchase them as it would be profiting a group that is actively committing some of the most barbaric acts we've ever witnessed.

I have no interest in collecting them, but in the future they will be worth money to certain subsets of collectors and those specializing in certain parts of the world or themes. At some stage they will even be in museums I am sure. Just as Nazi or Confederate money is popular with many today-for a variety of reasons-these will be too.

I certainly have coins from bad regimes, especially a lot of Mussolini era coins so I do not want to seem a hypocrite, but having spent enough time in the part of the world the interest is not there for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I do not have any interest in collecting this type for the same reason I have no interest in collecting Nazi coins/stuff, which is for moral reasons. I was in one place that had a number of Nazi coins in a 5 for $1 bucket and I just skipped right by it.

It gold 5 (value whatever it is) suggests that their goal is to rule the Wolrd

Roman emperor Trajan had the title Rector orbis (Ruler of the World). Obviously, he had never heard of America or China.

The Nazis had the idea as master race, to rule the whole World. They didn't.

Islamic State won't either.

Do you want to collet their coins? That's up to you.

Perhaps I may collect I.S. coins after their regime has been consigned to history. Thats' when and why I have a few Nazi and DDR coins.