CoinPeople.com

More from the bulk swap pennies for tokens!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hysterical::hysterical: I have to laugh because I have several Sambo's wooden nickels. In all honesty I had them for many years and we used to stop at Sambo's in the Carolinas on our semi-annual trips from NY to Florida. It was not until the 1980s that I became aware of how the name Sambo's was viewed and that it has such significant racial impact. I guess you live and learn. Our world broadens with age.

Yes and if you look at the cartoon on this nickle, I sure that it might be considered racist today, by the ethnic peopls of the Indian sub continent region today. As the metro Detroit area mostly on the west side of the tri counties. Have a large presence of that areas ethinic groups and religous afflilitions.

Nice. I have a Bicentennial First Day cover somewhere. I think my mother ordered them for each of the kids. I do remember the Lucky Charms coins. My oldest son used to collect them.

My kids must not have noticed the Chrams coins, will have to check them out and see how many different one were produced. Have a couple more FDC with medals that weren't part of the swap will post after the swap is done.

I think there were quite a few varieties of the Lucky Charms tokens. I recall at least three different colors too.

Well other than a couple of the same ones on flea bay and one 0on a site selling cereal prizes I could only come up with 3 other than mine, and it appers that there are numerous colors, gold,silver green, blue and one that the picture was so poor the color can't be figured out. Egypt, Paris,Venice I think along with one that I can't figure out the country from the outline. Will keep eyes open.

They didn't say how many or where in the blog of may 17,2014 just that they were offered In 1998, Lucky traveled around the world and offered coins featuring world landmarks as well as a passport and travel kit.

Well this is the last item that was included in the very large penny swap for exonumia. It was a nice surprise as when he had posted it asking what it was. And was told that it is a old coke advertising good luck charm key/watch fob.
FullSizeRender%20364.jpg
FullSizeRender%20340.jpg
I have a couple of Bicentennial first day covers that I haven't posted. But the hunt for new,different and interesting items will have to resume.

It is a very old American Indian and even older symbol for good luck. of course the context changed and could be one of the first politically correct changes of use of word or symbols.Not that the useage of it for the 3rd riech did warrent it!

Here is a site dealing with tokens that use them back for that dark time, and thier history. Good Luck Tokens with Swastikas

It is a very old American Indian and even older symbol for good luck. of course the context changed and could be one of the first politically correct changes of use of word or symbols.Not that the useage of it for the 3rd riech did warrent it!

Here is a site dealing with tokens that use them back for that dark time, and thier history. Good Luck Tokens with Swastikas

Nice site. A lot of interesting stuff there.