CoinPeople.com

More from the bulk swap pennies for tokens!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you add in the varitaions by mixing the obverse with assorted reveses, The number goes up I have an older issue of a token collects news letter and there was 5 pages of known varitions of one token! sort of like the double punched mint mark errors in pennies I guess :clown2:

Neat tokens. I really like that parking token with the blank reverse. I guess it saves the cost of a die.

More nice tokens. I've got a few of the number tokens like the first. I think I have "1" and "3".

Is that Bicentennial token a light aluminum? If so I think I've had a few of them over time. Very nice. :bthumbsup:

I don't think those type of things get much use. People get them, think they're cool, store them away. At least that's what I do.

Very nice. I don't think I have any tokens in my collection that are from countries other than the US. :bthumbsup:

Well at first I wasn't happy about all the foriegn stuff Since the guy I was trading with was clear on what he wanted. And I was also clear on what I wanted I will do things different if there is a next time. The photo's were shot agaisnt a bedspread that was multi colored patterned and difficult to make out what was in the piles of tokens. The Stuff from outside the country was basiclly under the layer oftop stuff. And being a wide shot so he could take the photo it wasn't close enough to get a good look at them as they became bleary when enlarged.

The first 3 batches had enough stuff that I could see that it was worth it for me, so I didn't say much other than retype what I was looking for. The 4th box had a lot of these in it. Then he came up with the 5th smaller batch which had a lot of junhk on the bottom layer, button halves, a Wallace/president campagian pin, a Nixon Agnew pin, other medals bracelet dangles and other items that his father added to his exonumia collection. I sure that somebody collects the items but that is a winter time cativity hunting up some plce to sell them.

I did learn some important things. I found out that a lot of coin/token and medal collectors along with other people selling on E bay use very loud busy backgrounds or the go for the artsy look in thier photo's. He does sell on e bay. And since the last batch of pre 82's, wheaties, and rolled years ago found pennies I thought were worth more than what he had and put an additional dollar price on it. He did agree and still through in the other items that I didn't want. I kow he was very happy with getting the pennies, as he is a CRH looking for DPM's and other errors. I also learned more about areas of coin collecting than I ever wanted to know :mf_napoleon: That error hunting stuff would drive me crazy in an hour, even with my scope!

Over all I am happy and satisfied with the results. Since most of the rolls of pre 82's would have been like the the 82 and newer ones .50 cents at the bank. The wheaties unsorted other than only wheaties from $1.00 to $3.00 each and the found unsorted pre 82's up to $5.00 each according to my e bay research.

From the first post he did in the the penny error listing on another forum He did well also, granted most were in under the dollar retail catalogs on line. But I would hqve never found them. After I mentioned something about them in one of our emails He did stop posting his finds. Or maybe when he asked if I was sure about the number of rolls in one trade, I said well if you hit more than one big buck find yoiu can split it with me :winner_first_h4h: . It was never brought up again, but as I said I did learn a lot and am satisfied and happy with my end of the deals.

But with the rest of the parents collections, my dad never meet a belt buckle at a gargae sale he didn't like or passed up around 35 poundfs of belt buckles, worst case is I will melt the pewter done and add it to the lead for casting slugs for reloading the 12ga. :clown2: