CoinPeople.com

Hi from Reno, Nevada

Hi, everybody. I just joined. I began collecting Mercury dimes and Morgan silver dollars as a paperboy in the 60's. Now I also have a large cent, Indian head cent, and 19th and 20th century type set collection. There aren't many uncirculated coins in this collection, but I'm still proud of it. I'm looking forward to conversing with all of you.

Hello and welcome to CoinPeople. Nothing wrong with circulated coins. In fact some of us prefer circulated coins for the older series as it carries the mystery of "where have they been", "who has handled them", etc. Enjoy the site.

Welcome, centsdimes! Very cool story. I wish I had a similar one but I'm 30+ years too late to enjoy the days of plucking Mercs, Buffs, etc. out of circulation. Instead, I get excited when I see a pre-state quarter!

Thank you, gentlemen. TheDeadPoint, you bring back fond memories of those buffalo nickels, Mercury dimes, standing liberty quarters, walking liberty halves, Franklin halves (which were new), Morgan dollars (my favorite coins), and Peace dollars, which were all still in circulation, though it was getting pretty hard to get hold of those silver dollars.

• 1 month later...

Welcome CentsDimes ! You mentioned Silver dollars ... Do you have a collection ??? I am trying to put together a circulated/uncirculated set of the Peace Dollars. Enjoy the site !

Tracy