CoinPeople.com

Been busy cataloging for a while

gxseries

I have been lurking on the forum from time to time but have been busy. Life has been a roller coaster ride for me and I got around to squeezing some time to catalog what I have. Turns out it's a lot more work than I thought.
Recently I have been designing coin albums and preserving a selection of coins with Verdicare. The preservation project is well worth it. Digital coin albums... there isn't just enough time to do everything. Probably a sign to downsize.
Enough talk and here's a couple of links:
Yes, I know I ought to spend more quality time to redesign my site... I've split the coin preservation selection by countries. I've preserved more than what's shown - it just takes time to resize photos and then document them. Trust me, I've been trying to go faster than what I can. I've nearly used one whole bottle (2oz) and probably have to get a couple more. I didn't expect to go through it THAT fast!
The Sadagura preservation and Uighurstan project has been a reasonable success. Many of these coins just don't pop up in the market these days and this is more than a good reason to preserve them.
As of what is coming next, I am planning to focus on preserving Korean Empire coinage and then finish the digital coin album - it has been long overdue. I've already started doing some and many of them have come out to be stunning. Some are better than what's offered in the market these days. They will be photographed and then put into the digital coin album. Not something I want to make another duplicate set out, or rather, impossible to do so. Another interesting thing I have noticed is the die rotation of the early copper (5 fun and 1 fun) and nickel copper coins (1/4 yang) - they are just all over the place!
What is next would be probably China Manchukuo coinage and then Russian coins and then Japanese...? I can dream on I guess.
Anyway enough rambling and enjoy the view!

I have been lurking on the forum from time to time but have been busy. Life has been a roller coaster ride for me and I got around to squeezing some time to catalog what I have. Turns out it's a lot more work than I thought.

Recently I have been designing coin albums and preserving a selection of coins with Verdicare. The preservation project is well worth it. Digital coin albums... there isn't just enough time to do everything. Probably a sign to downsize.

Enough talk and here's a couple of links:

http://gxseries.com/numis/preservation/coin_preservation_project.htm

http://gxseries.com/numis/numis_index.htm

Yes, I know I ought to spend more quality time to redesign my site... I've split the coin preservation selection by countries. I've preserved more than what's shown - it just takes time to resize photos and then document them. Trust me, I've been trying to go faster than what I can. I've nearly used one whole bottle (2oz) and probably have to get a couple more. I didn't expect to go through it THAT fast!

The Sadagura preservation and Uighurstan project has been a reasonable success. Many of these coins just don't pop up in the market these days and this is more than a good reason to preserve them.

As of what is coming next, I am planning to focus on preserving Korean Empire coinage and then finish the digital coin album - it has been long overdue. I've already started doing some and many of them have come out to be stunning. Some are better than what's offered in the market these days. They will be photographed and then put into the digital coin album. Not something I want to make another duplicate set out, or rather, impossible to do so. Another interesting thing I have noticed is the die rotation of the early copper (5 fun and 1 fun) and nickel copper coins (1/4 yang) - they are just all over the place!

What is next would be probably China Manchukuo coinage and then Russian coins and then Japanese...? I can dream on I guess.

Anyway enough rambling and enjoy the view!

You're using "preserve" in two ways I see - both for the physical preservation of the coin and preserving them as an item in your collection or even in the course of history.

Great start on the site. Like you said, doesn't look super flashy, but I don't care! It has good information and that's what counts.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...