CoinPeople.com

WWII Banknotes & Coins - Can anyone help?

J.Burt

Morning,

I recently bought a small collection of Pre-WWII and WWII banknotes and coins from a small militaria shop near to where I live. I was hoping that someone would be able to give me more information on the notes/coins, as I purchased them specifically because of the dates they were printed/minted.

If someone could give me more information or even a value I will be very grateful. I have graded the notes as honestly and fairly as possible.

I bought all of it for £10, and quickly bought them home and put it all into protective sleeves and cases. As I walked in he had just bought a suitcase with it all in, and that is probably why I got it for a 'tenner', as he was more interested in the uniforms and medals. The set consists of 21 notes and 4 coins, and are as followed:

Banknotes

• Tien (10) Gulden (Princess Emma (Old Woman) Rembrandt Version) - Dated 20 June 1940 - Very Fine (One edge has a fold on it)
  • Tien (10) Gulden (Blue Version) - Dated 4 February 1943 (Series 2) - Very Fine

• 2 Een (1) Gulden (Red Version - Both Dated 4 February 1943 (Series 2) - Fine/Very Fine (Light folds on one of the notes)

• Een (1) Gulden - Dated 1 October 1938 (Series BX) - Very Good (Paper is very thin in the middle though)

• 4 Funfzig Pfennig (1/2 Mark) - Dated Serie 1944 (Allied Military Authority) - Very Fine/Good (Three are in very good condition, but one is quite dirty)

• Eine (1) Rentenmark - Dated Serie 1944 (Allied Military Authority) - Very Fine (Nice colour and one fold along one corner)

• Eine (1) Rentenmark - Dated 30 January 1937 - Very Fine (Best note of the lot, brilliant colour and no folds/pin holes)

• Bwei (2) Rentenmark - Dated 30 January 1937 - Very Fine (One fold down the middle)

• (Belgian) Cinq (5) Francs - Dated 1 February 1943 - Fine - (Has a dirty mark on the top right corner)

• (Belgian) Dix (10) Francs - Dated 1 February 1943 - Very Fine (Has no marks or folds, but paper is a little dirty)

• (Belgian) Vinght (20) Francs - Dated 23 January 1943 - Good (The worst note of the lot, good colour, but has dirty marks round most of the edge, and has many folds, no tears though)

• (French) Deux (2) Francs - Dated Serie De 1944 - Very Good

• (French) Cinq (5) Francs - Dated Serie De 1944 - Good ( No rips/holes but is quite grubby)

• 2 (French) Cinq (5) Francs - Dated 2 June 1943 - Very Good/Fine (Both notes are a bit grubby with a minor fold down the middle)

• (French) Dix (10) Francs - Dated 2 February 1939 - Good (Colour is nice, but one major rip along the top border cuts a little into the design)

• (French) Vingt (20) Francs - Dated 28 January 1943 - Very Good (Tiny rip on top border, does not go into the design though)

Coins

• 5 (Silver) Reichmark (with Swastika) - Dated 1938 - Great condition, no signs of cleaning/tarnish/damage
  • 5 (Silver) Reichmark (with Eagle & 2 small Swastika) - Dated 1935 - Very Good condition, has the Potsdam Garrison Church on the back

• 2 (Part-Silver) Reichmark (with Swastika) - Dated 1937 - Very good condition, shows signs of circulation

• 10 (Iron) Stadt Duren - Dated 1918 - Brilliant condition, considering it is Iron, there is not rust/damage/tarnish

Hello and welcome to CoinPeople. Sorry I can't be of much help but I'm sure someone will come along and give you some info. Perhaps an internet search will yield some info for you. Good luck with it.

Here's a site that I found by doing a search for Belgian 5 Francs 1943.

http://www.catawiki.com/catalog/coins/countries/belgium/380205-belgium-5-francs-1943-fr

Thanks Art1.2,

I have had a quick look on-line and have not found much in the way of information on most of them. I struggled to find any real information on any of them, particularly the Belgian and Ten Gulden note(s) with Princess Emma on.

I have heard that the note with the Princess on was for Liberation purposes...

I have also had a quick look on Ebay for all of the notes (and found most of them), and it was inconclusive as the prices are just what the seller thinks their items are worth...

Thanks Again

Thanks Art1.2,

I have had a quick look on-line and have not found much in the way of information on most of them. I struggled to find any real information on any of them, particularly the Belgian and Ten Gulden note(s) with Princess Emma on.

I have heard that the note with the Princess on was for Liberation purposes...

I have also had a quick look on Ebay for all of the notes (and found most of them), and it was inconclusive as the prices are just what the seller thinks their items are worth...

Thanks Again

True on the sellers thing. Always try an advanced search and look only at the closed sales where either a bid or "buy it now" ended the listing.